Quantcast

While riding a 1985 Honda ATC 200S in the Pine Barrens of New Jersey I had my most memorable crash.  This was over thirty years ago and no injury happened to my trike, me or my buddy Joe.  I was hammering the gas to try to keep up with Joe's faster 1986 Honda ATC 250SX when out of nowhere he stopped.  His brake light wasn't working so by the time I realised he was stopped it was too late.  I lined up my front wheel to his right rear wheel and SMACK!  I flew over the bars and Joe's right shoulder.  I did a flip landing flat on my back in soft sand.  While I flipped over Joe he looked over his left shoulder and missed the whole thing.  We laughed it off and kept riding. 

Add your stories here please. 

p.s. Admin - If this topic was already posted please move it to the appropriate post.

My worst crash was on my Rokon during Elk season towing my trailer with a full load of wood down hill in the mountains. Brakes went out and could not stop. Ended up crashing on the side of the gravel road, landed on a boulder and bruised my kidneys. It made for a terrible trip for the next week. The bike was just fine, not a dent on it.

BTW, Rokon brakes are not the best!

IMG_1078.thumb.JPG.e9747f2e993717f3dbacf6bff36465c8.JPG

• 4 years later...

I experienced a crash that ended not so well.Going to work one day as I live far off of the highway some 15 miles.I come upon a bunch of skids on the gravel road ,as I kept following they had gotten extremely worce about a mile, and then I saw what was left of quad it hit a tree off of the ditch ,the front wheels were almost equal to the back .then I saw the rider he was about 100 ft from quad .I quickly stopped to see if I could help .Called 911 soon a helicopter came and got him,I found out later that he died 2 days after from internal bleeding.it was caused by him partying that night and getting on his ride after drinking to much.so if anyone reads this drinking and driving is bad but drinking and riding can even be  deadly. Stay safe.

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Clydaho
      2022 Sector 550, 414 miles on it and the gas gauge reads empty.  I topped off the gas and it didn't change.
      There is no fuse that I could find.  No access at the gauge cluster.
      Wiring on the top of the tank looks good, properly connected.
      Could the sending unit in the tank be stuck or broken?
      Has anybody removed the tank lid?  Any tricks?  
      Any other ideas?
      Thanks for any help,
      Clyde
    • By Mhatayas
      What should I do about this , bad oil leak where the filter cover bolts on . Can I use some gasket maker 

• By Gwbarm
      I have been exploring all the options available, so many, its hard to choose. I have kind of narrowed it down to the Honda Pilot, Subaru Outback, and Kind of looking at the Outlander, although its a little small,  the new one is nice looking. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or gripes with any of these rides. I have driven Jeeps for the past 25  years and they have been great, but their price point has gotten to high. Expieriences good or bad would be helpful. Thanks!
    • By Admin
      View File 2006-2011 Honda Rincon TRX 680 FA/FGA service manual
      2006-2011 Honda Rincon TRX 680 FA/FGA service manual
      Submitter Admin Submitted 04/09/2024 Category Honda ATV  
    • By DrtyGrlKristin
      Just thought I'd start a new thread for newbies to the site!
      If you're new here, tell us who you are, where you're from and what you ride!!!
      Lets get to know each other a little better shall we?
      I'm not new to the site, obviously, but...
      I'm Kristin from Denver!!! I ride a 2008 Yamaha Rhino. She's my muddy baby!!!!!! Several aftermarket parts on her. She's good to me! We try and ride every weekend. This weekend we're off to MOAB! :woot: