Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Delta_Dog

2011 KQ 500 speedometer

So my speedometer is not working (almost blank but with a few errant LCD marks).  I want to buy a new one but can't seem to locate the right part number.  If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.  My machine does NOT have power steering.

The "X" model (no power steering) is part # 34120 11A50.  However I cannot find that part number for sale anywhere.

I found the "XP" (power steering model i believe) model speedo to be part # 34120 11H50.  These are readily available on the major parts sites.

Is there really a difference between the XP power steering and X NON power steering models as far as the speedometer goes??????????  Seems odd!

Here are my machine specs:

Model #:  LT-A500XCL1 (King Quad AXi)

Serial #:  5SAAM46A5B7101077

Engine no.:  106980

Thanks for any help................Oh.............and if any knows a safe download site for a service manual that would be appreciated!

Does anyone know if this part he is looking for is also good for a 2005 KQ 700 ?  In my case the odometer is not working, could be to hide the age of the bike, but would be nice to know how far down a trail I've been... counting stumps has proven unreliable... 😂

I recommend to both-go to Partzilla and look up item,their online catalog is usually very up to date,the numbers listed for the 500 do not seem to be what OP has,and,the speedo for the 700 looks very expensive.They appear different.https://www.partzilla.com/

So it seems as though the NON power steering models really do have a different display (speedometer) than the WITH power steering models.  Or at least they change the part numbers so we don't really know if they are interchangeable.  

I ended up waiting on the factory back ordered "speedometer only" vs the entire "speedometer assembly" which was in stock for another $50.  The end result is a brand new, WORKING speedometer/digital display.  

One thing to note:  There is a Canadian and California version (E28 and E33 extension on each speedometer part number.......I don't remember which is which).   Those are your only two choices and I was told by Suzuki Parts House that the Canadian version was for me (in Alabama with a locally bought machine).  When I finally got an intelligent sounding parts person to talk to at RMATV I was told the California version was for me.  Ordered, installed in 10 minutes and works perfectly!

Shout out to RMATV!!  They had to dig and do some research to get me to the right part and it sounded like they really knew their stuff.  They also called me several times with order updates since the back order delivery date kept changing.  Only had to wait an extra 2 days from their original delivery estimate..........but it was a factory back order so not RMATV's fault.  2 thumbs up for RMATV!!

Edited by Delta_Dog

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By AKATV
      For those that have been pulling hair out-
      It took me a month to figure this out, but I am glad to report that I have figured out how to repair my 2004 450ES Speedometer

If you have a Honda Foreman 02-04 450 ES model ( 4 indicator lights on top of meter)
      or a Honda Foreman 99-00 450 ES model ( 3 indicator lights on top of meter)
      or aOnda Rancher 00-03 TRX350ES

and your display:

- Is Blank

- does not show the gear indicator spot at all (not the gear or --) but the
      backwards "L" that goes around the gear position - its just blank

-your miles and hours have reverted to zeros or all 9"s and possibly now shows KM now instead of Miles

-your speed shown seems to have almost doubled (possibly KMs per hour even thought it shows Miles)

What has happened is your EEPROM chip on motherboard has lost the programming due to dead battery for
      a LONG time or an electrical malfunction etc...

I have borrowed a friends speedometer (a trusting friend) removed the chip from his, copied the data and put it on mine and it reads perfect now.

I can repair your speedometer it will have 1851 miles and 317.2 hours on it as that is the only copy I have for the 02-04 Foreman 450ES
      I can also do 99-2000 450ES speedometers (3 indicator lights on top of meter) but will have to double-check check on the mileage/hours copy I have and let you know to see if you want that

I can also do TRX500FM and FE meters and the older Rancher 350ES meters as well but it has to have the above symptoms and not water damaged-caught on fire, cracked lcd, etc....

If you have one you want repaired just send to me (just the board with LCD) I can repair it for you for $45.00 or barter if you have a second bad meter for parts
      Shipping would be 4 - $5.00 for First Class with tracking and I will pay return shipping
      I will confirm and send pictures to you as well to show a working completed repair on your display
      If there is heavy water corrosion, rust and rot damage etc.. its probably not repairable but I can try if you want -no fix-no pay
      If you PM me or whatever we can work it out I am easy and like you all I am always fiddling/learning with wheelers
      I think you will be happy and you will have more hair -mine is filling back in...................
      Message me if interested

I am now also doing burned out screen repair if your screen has become unreadable due to UV sunburn damage from the sun
      It will appear burned or melted.
      The cost is 45.00 with same or next day turnaround
      Will do partial barter if you have a second speedometer for parts
      PM me if interested
      Before and after pictures below

• By basmn
      got my head back from the machine shop and this part was not there
      2007 honda trx400ex cylinder head
      spring plunger #14126 kv2 940       #5 on the parts diagram
      i have the plunger  part # 4 on the diagram.
      can i re assemble without the spring ?????. do i need the honda part of will a ball point pen spring do ?
      what is this part for

• By Rich1028
      St Helens Trails Part One 8-29-2020

Well We Hit A New Trail, St. Helen. Took A Chance on it Being Kind of Dry After All the Rain We got in the last few days, and it was not to bad at all. Since this was our First Trip there, we took our time and had FUN. In this First Video, We Find the Sign, and We Make A Few Passes around the Sand Hill Area.

• By Admin
      Looking for Yamaha ATV VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) Number Decoders? Once you find your ATV VIN number off the tag on your Yamaha ATV, you can go to all kinds of websites that have VIN Decoders available. The best ones are backed by the Yamaha ATV manufacturer, however there are plenty of aftermarket Yamaha ATV VIN Decoder websites on the web. This topic will stay pinned and if you find any to add, please do it with a reply. 
      The following Yamaha ATV VIN Decoder websites are available where you can just enter your VIN number and it will shows you some of your ATV model details:
      CycleVIN https://www.cyclevin.com/
      KBB.com https://www.kbb.com/vehicle-history-report/
      CARFAX https://www.carfax.com
      autoDNA https://www.autodna.com
      VinAudit http://www.vinaudit.com/
      decodeTHIS https://www.decodethis.com
      VINCario https://vindecoder.eu/
      NICB Theft Check https://www.nicb.org/theft_and_fraud_awareness/vincheck 
    • By Rich1028
      Mio, Michigan Part 2 Bull Gap Hill Climb 6-6-2020
      This Video is Part 2 From Our Ride in Mio,Michigan.
      We Climb the BULL GAP!
      ...Or Do We?
      Wife is Riding the Red & Black 2008 Honda 400 EX
      I'm on the Red & White 2014 Honda 400 X