Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

BigRuss

Kawasaki bayou 360 4WD squealing when driving

I have a Kawasaki  bayou 4WD that started squealing when giving it the gas from a stop. It almost sounds like a fan belt but the dealer replaced the belt about 30 hours ago, so I don't think it is that. As best as I can tell, it actually sounds like it is coming from the front end. Once I am running and moving at a speed, I don't hear the squealing anymore. My first thought was to put fan belt dressing on the fan belt, as a quick test for the problem. It makes the noise when hot or cold.

Another problem, that started before the dealer changed the fan belt, is that you give the quad a little gas, and nothing, give it more, and nothing, give it more, and it lurches and takes off. The dealer said it needs a new clutch, which I don't buy. less than 400 hours and it needs a clutch? I would say it needs an adjustment. When the quad is cold, as in I just started it for the first time in hours, it does not lurch. It is just fine. It lurches only when it gets hot, as in when you can hear the fan once in a while to cool the oil.

Any help or insights would be great.

Russ

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Andrew Baker
      I need help with wiring on a 1998 (I think, 10th digit of the VIN was W) Bayou. I'm not getting spark, I'm pretty sure it is due to grounds being off because the harness is pretty hacked as far as the electric start and charging system goes. I'm needing a good wiring schematic. I found one online and there are a few things that don't add up on it so I'm skeptical that it is really for my year and model. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

• By Chris2018
      I have a 1996 Kawasaki Mojave KSF250. I have no manual on it and it has a no spark issue. If anyone could give me a hand with this or would possibly have a manual would appreciate it. 
    • By Kaj Colum
      Pushing the start button the engine turns and will forever without starting. But if I use the kick start it will start with one or two kicks everytime, any idea as to what is going on. New good battery and coil, I'm ready to try anything. It's a great bike, but this is getting anoying. Thank you.
    • By Jeff Comstock
      Ok, so I had no spark issues and foundy coil was bad. Bought a caltric coil, put it on and fired right up...for bout 20 minutes then it backfired once and again, no spark. I put it on my buddies 300 and it runs.  Checked my cdi the same thing, but still no spark. Now I got my old coil and  was ohming it and got reading of .01 on primary and 11.89 from POS to plug ( meter set on 20k ) new coil reads same primary but 12.83. what gives? It tests bad but runs my buddies 300, helllllllpppp
    • By Kaj Colum
      Have a Bayou 400. sometimes when I press the start button i hear the solenoid click but the starter does not engage. Here is the strange thing though, when that happens if I kick the kick start just once then press the start button starter engages normally. Any ideas?

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Andrew Baker
      I need help with wiring on a 1998 (I think, 10th digit of the VIN was W) Bayou. I'm not getting spark, I'm pretty sure it is due to grounds being off because the harness is pretty hacked as far as the electric start and charging system goes. I'm needing a good wiring schematic. I found one online and there are a few things that don't add up on it so I'm skeptical that it is really for my year and model. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

• By Gary Skriba
      just got a 99 Kawasaki bayou replace the coil because the spark was very weak still have the same issue before it would start after a while that it would start everyday as long as you started it every day but if you let it set you play hell starting it looking for information on what could possibly be wrong maybe the CDI box not sure any help would greatly be appreciated thank you
    • By Dana Hudson
      Hey everyone, hoping to get some help here... my kids 03 KTF 50 Quad has always ran great... they were riding it a couple of hours a few days ago and it died a couple of times (not normal) but started right back up. A few days later my 5 year old wanted to take it for a spin so I started it (2 pulls) and he took off.. he made it a couple hundred yards and it died and we havnt been able to start it since. I have new gas, good spark and 120 psi compression.. it will not start with starter fluid in the intake or even in the cylinder.. the fuel bowl has fuel at the carb... what am I missing? It’s driving me crazy!!
    • By Ben Lennon
      Hi guys new to this forum and thought I’d jump on as I’ve just bought my first quad a Kawasaki bayou klf300c 89 model. It had starting issues when I bought it so I’ve gone thru and replaced the cdi, voltage regulator and starter solenoid aswell as rebuilt the starter motor after all this it was still free spinning on electric start so I pulled the stator cover off to find the fly wheel wasn’t spinning so replaced the one way clutch bearing put it all back together and still not engaging at all. I’m at a loss and looking for some ideas on we’re to look next to solve the problem
      cheers Ben 👍
    • By Jeff Comstock
      Help a brother four legger out
       Bayou300 acts like it's flooding if it's it's in the Alabama sun all day but, I've cleaned the carb. Sometimes it'll backfire even though the timing and valve lash are in spec. Thought it was sticking float but after 2 times cleaning the carb I'm lost. So