Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

tbrady0621

1985 Honda 250 Fourtrax

Bought new in 1985 a Honda 250 Fourtrax.  Have used on the farm all these years.  I have performed a tune up but she is still running rough.  Took off the carb and cleaned it out really good.  Seemed to help but still won't idle just right.  Looking to by a new carburetor but have found out that the original OEM carb has been discontinued.  I looked on line and there are many after market carbs available, some state they are plug and play and some are not.  Can anyone recommend a carb that will be a factory fit?  I was going to try and re-build the old one but the screws are seized up and almost broke trying to get them backed out.  Thanks.

I would buy a new carburetor if I were you.  Plug & play sounds good.  I rebuilt my 85 Honda 250SX trike carb. a few years back with no problems.  You could try to soak it like crazy to loosen things up.  Keep us posted.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Ajmboy
      Have you ever bought from Rocky Mountain ATV? If so, what did you buy and how was the service, shipping, price, etc. Just looking for some feedback. They seem to still be one of the leaders out there in atv parts and accessories, although I don't usually recommend them because I don't use them personally. 
    • By joseph
      my atv will start right up will idle fine soon as i try to throttle up engine dies,i have changed gas,new fuel pump and lines great compression 188 lbs.new coil new spark plug adjusted valves dont know what to do also rebuilt carb,any help wanted
    • By mike13ortega
      hey i recently bought a 1988 honda fourtrax trx300 2wd that dosnt run, it has no spark when i tryied kickstarting it the neutral light comes right up so i thought it may have some spark but checked it with the sparkplug against the frame and electric starting it and NO SPARK!!! so i dont know what might be wrong, i checked all the wiring and it all looks good, i put my honda recon coil it it and still no spark so im left with maybe a bad cdi??? or what else could it be??? any help please
    • By Spartacus Stroppel
      has anyone tried these cheap carbs from china? the original carburetor has been rebuilt by a shop right before i bought this quad and i think the float is shot the work done was way sub par... the price of the seal kit was as much as the whole carb... i have used the china 150cc engines with no problems... and have used the harbor freight 212cc engines on mini bikes.. so im hoping to hear so one has used them on this model with ease.... if no one replies i will update in a day or 2 i got the carb it looks very well made. has the carb sencer and warmer all ready installed..
    • By stymy68
      I have an unknown year Timberwolf. I have had to replace/repair some back yard wiring issues. With the wiring fixed, I compared to my other Timberwolf quads, I have found a problem. Starter is always running. I can only get it to stop by removing the positive lead from the battery.
    • By StolenATV
      OUR TOY HAULER WAS STOLEN WITH ALL OF OUR TOYS IN IT. JUST HAD DIRT BIKES SERVICES.
      The post Stolen Black and White 2006 Honda Dirt Bike appeared first on Stolen 911.
      View the full article