Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

tbrady0621

1985 Honda 250 Fourtrax

Bought new in 1985 a Honda 250 Fourtrax.  Have used on the farm all these years.  I have performed a tune up but she is still running rough.  Took off the carb and cleaned it out really good.  Seemed to help but still won't idle just right.  Looking to by a new carburetor but have found out that the original OEM carb has been discontinued.  I looked on line and there are many after market carbs available, some state they are plug and play and some are not.  Can anyone recommend a carb that will be a factory fit?  I was going to try and re-build the old one but the screws are seized up and almost broke trying to get them backed out.  Thanks.

I would buy a new carburetor if I were you.  Plug & play sounds good.  I rebuilt my 85 Honda 250SX trike carb. a few years back with no problems.  You could try to soak it like crazy to loosen things up.  Keep us posted.

• Similar Topics

• By JacobSlabach
      got that 220 I'm 'servicing'..........  well it turned into a guts and oil job....  I cleaned the carb and it wont idle cold, but idles too fast when warm.  also misfires and burns rich cold (white smoke out of the exhaust)  I'm going to order a new carb since the old one is leaking and beat up (some one was tinkering)  I'm wondering about the valve clearance and timing...?  Maybe a factor?   What should the clearance be on the valves?  How should I check the timing on this bike?  (this is a mid 90s bayou 220 2x4)
    • By fatfarmboy
      Just bought (Tue. evening) an '89 Suzuki 250 4wd that has been sitting out the last 5 yrs. It's complete, including the shift knobs, battery cover, and headlights. It has the optional cooling fan on it (probly stuck - didn't check), and the engine isn't locked up. Plastic looks good and isnt cracked. Racks aren't bent up. Shift lever works, the foot brake moves (needs oil - have to pull it up by hand), and there's black oil and no water in the engine sight glass. Guy was asking $125 and gladly took $100 for it. Anxious to get started on bringing it back to life. Been wanting one of these for years. As soon as I can get to it (working on a junky "Jackel" right now - Chinese Yamaha Timberwolf). I'm going to pull the tank off it and clean it, clean & possibly rebuild carb, put in new plug, and a battery, then see what happens. If nothing, will keep going until it runs. Feel free to respond if you want to, I'm mainly just excited and wanted to tell somebody. 
    • By Brandi Nedley
      We just bought a used polaris sawtooth 2006. Any advice on pros and cons or things to look out for. were 1st time owners. basic maintenance?

• By Shane76
      Foreman 500 electric shift won’t downshift unless you turn the quad off and turn the key back on. Then it will downshift. Anyone ever have the same problem and know of a fix?
    • By BuckBilly
      I'm really considering this utv. Before any negative comments about this machine remember I did everything I wanted with a 250 Ozark. My 09 rubicon was over kill. I'll use it for snow plowing bulldozing logging and cruising. So I can spend 8,500 on a ruby or the 500 pioneer.