Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Sign in to follow this  
colin james

2001 Polaris Sportsman 500 6x6 Factory Service Manual

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Ajmboy
      View File 2009 Polaris Ranger 700 4X4 Crew / 6X6 Service Manual
      2009 Polaris Ranger 700 4X4 Crew / 6X6 Service Manual
      Submitter Ajmboy Submitted 10/31/2020 Category Polaris UTV  
    • By Ajmboy
      2009 Polaris Ranger 700 4X4 Crew / 6X6 Service Manual
    • By jwline
      Friday evening went riding, rode for a good hour or so everything was fine. I went to take a short ride to the restroom (less than 100 yds away) and all of the sudden everything flickered and then just died out. Accompanying the problem I noticed the killswitch completely locked up. Once daylight hit took the killswitch apart to find it had shorted out and melted the plastic inside. Has anyone else had anything similar to this and if so what did you do to fix the situation? I have a new killswitch on the way to replace the obvious problem but was wondering could there be a bigger issue at hand. We tested with a voltage meter to make sure everything was still getting power from the battery and as far as we could tell it was.
      Any advice/info would be GREATLY appreciated.
      Thanks.
    • By bodon
      Anyone know what the fuse terminal marked UNSWITCH  does  .  Even with the key off it is causing a drain on my battery and I'm trying to figure out  what that terminal goes to.  It's a 10 amp fuse. If I pull it the "short" goes away.  Thanks in advance.
    • By Outkast7222
      Had a spark-plug break off, had to pull the head to get it extracted. Where the heck is the timing mark on the crank? Do I need to pull the stator or flywheel to find it? When I pulled the head I had the mark on the cam lined up pretty good but I cant remember if it was perfect and don't want to reassemble a tooth off and have to go back through the bear of pulling this thing back apart.
      Thanks guys!
  • Similar Topics

• By Curtis01
      OK, sooo  I finally did the old skid plate and screen removal to clean out my oil sump during an oil change...  This bike only has a couple thousand miles on it.  Runs like a top still...  Very few issues over the years after buying it used.
      But boy I wasn't expecting to see this!  Piece of a circlip, stuck up in the screen, and a another shard of metal and maybe a piece of gasket material.  Nothing in the oil but that...  Pristine otherwise, and still runs like a top.  Always has.
      Soooo, is it a wrist pin clip?  That's the only thing I can think of like this that could end up in there.  But definitely wanted to throw it out to guys that have seen the innerds of these more than I have.
      The valves on this thing are still within the factory spec even.  Been a really good lil workhorse...
      Any other ideas?

• By Spike976
      So I dug my warrior out of storage replaced the carburetor with one off Amazon & it was running great. Last week it didn't want to start it would crank & I could smell gas but nothing. I replaced the starter,stator,solenoid,spark plug & coil & resistor but still not starting. Checked the stator and its at 30 ohms tried using starter fluid but nothing. I am completely lost and could use some help thank you
    • By robdoyle
      Hey guys, new owner here of a 2001 Honda Rancher 350 4x4 manual shift and I am loving this little machine so far! 
      However, the previous owner has mounted a Kimpex Nomad storage trunk/passenger seat and some random passenger pegs.  The side bars that carry the passenger pegs are only bolted to the cargo rack - the lower ends are not attached!  They end with a small triangular plate with a hole for a mounting bolt, but there is no place to bolt it to the Rancher foot peg - so they must have been designed for a different ATV.
      The Nomad is a pretty nice looking setup, but it has clearly overloaded the rear cargo rack and broke two of the rack mounting ears on the frame.  I am planning to take it all apart and repair the mounting ears and beef up the cargo rack.
      What is your opinion of running one of these "passenger seats" on this size of ATV? 
      Are there any potential problems besides exceeding the weight limit of the cargo rack?
    • By technofarmer
      Hey there, i have recently put a new drive belt on my 11 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.    It has 44 miles since putting the new belt on and should be nearly broken in as i hear it takes 50 miles to do so?  Anyhow it has had a little trouble with slipping since i put the new one on a few months ago. Now whenver i go down a hill the belt seems to be getting caught in one clutch if not both and then it has to run a high rpm just to go a low speed.  Today it did that again going down hill, i stopped, put it in neutral and when going back up the hill i had to turn it off, put it in neutral, let it roll back down the hill a little, then restart it, low range and it was slipping but thankfully i was able to make it up the hill. 

So what might the problem be? Is this a need for another new belt? New clutches and belt? Or just get something else? BTW the brand new belt i put on it, is a factory one, an exact replacement for the original.   

• By Jones21
      I saw some Polaris ATV manuals here:  ATV SERVICE MANUALS