Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

viper0906

New to atv's Looking for help on a Kawasaki Bayou 220

I am new to atv's but not to mechanical work.  I was given a 2001 Kawasaki Bayou 220.  It looks to have a locked up engine.  I am going to tear down the top end and take photos. of the tear down as I go.  Anyone have any suggestion?

Your topics will probably be merged but should that head not be freed up as per my last post then spray the exhaust bolts now with penetrating oil in hopes that they will come off when you have to pull them off for the head removal.  

WD40 works wonders on exhaust bolts.  I was trying to replace an engine on a ditch-witch (I gave up-- those things are a pain n the caboose to work on) but anyway, I didnt use WD40 on the blots and broke one of them off:/  just recently, I did a engine tear-down on my bayou and used WD40 literally 5 mins before removing the bolts.....they slid right off

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By coolcooch
      Hi everyone....I have 2006 750 Kawasaki Brute Force, my belt light came on, checked the belt, all's well there, I done this once before a long time ago, so long ago I can't remember how or what has to be done to get the light off. Yes I do have a tech manual, spent a lot of time looking for my answer to getting the light out, no luck. Too anyone that can help with this it would be much appreciated....Thanks
    • By Curtis01
      OK, sooo  I finally did the old skid plate and screen removal to clean out my oil sump during an oil change...  This bike only has a couple thousand miles on it.  Runs like a top still...  Very few issues over the years after buying it used.
      But boy I wasn't expecting to see this!  Piece of a circlip, stuck up in the screen, and a another shard of metal and maybe a piece of gasket material.  Nothing in the oil but that...  Pristine otherwise, and still runs like a top.  Always has.
      Soooo, is it a wrist pin clip?  That's the only thing I can think of like this that could end up in there.  But definitely wanted to throw it out to guys that have seen the innerds of these more than I have.
      The valves on this thing are still within the factory spec even.  Been a really good lil workhorse...
      Any other ideas?

• By Chris2018
      I have a 1996 Kawasaki Mojave KSF250. I have no manual on it and it has a no spark issue. If anyone could give me a hand with this or would possibly have a manual would appreciate it. 
    • By Spike976
      So I dug my warrior out of storage replaced the carburetor with one off Amazon & it was running great. Last week it didn't want to start it would crank & I could smell gas but nothing. I replaced the starter,stator,solenoid,spark plug & coil & resistor but still not starting. Checked the stator and its at 30 ohms tried using starter fluid but nothing. I am completely lost and could use some help thank you
    • By robdoyle
      Hey guys, new owner here of a 2001 Honda Rancher 350 4x4 manual shift and I am loving this little machine so far! 
      However, the previous owner has mounted a Kimpex Nomad storage trunk/passenger seat and some random passenger pegs.  The side bars that carry the passenger pegs are only bolted to the cargo rack - the lower ends are not attached!  They end with a small triangular plate with a hole for a mounting bolt, but there is no place to bolt it to the Rancher foot peg - so they must have been designed for a different ATV.
      The Nomad is a pretty nice looking setup, but it has clearly overloaded the rear cargo rack and broke two of the rack mounting ears on the frame.  I am planning to take it all apart and repair the mounting ears and beef up the cargo rack.
      What is your opinion of running one of these "passenger seats" on this size of ATV? 
      Are there any potential problems besides exceeding the weight limit of the cargo rack?