Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Kenneth Obando

2004 Polaris 700 headgasket repair

I ordered the parts and will be uploading pictures soon. Any tips will be appreciate. Also if anyone knows is a genuine Polaris head gasket necessary. Im using a Namura top end gasket kit.    

Thanks for the info on the gasket. It overheated and that, blew the head gasket over pressurizing the coolant system and cant run very long without overheating.   

Wow that sucks but hopefully it’s just gaskets and that’s it! Do you know why it over heated ? Reason I’m asking is you don’t want to do all that work and have it over heat again. 😬

Traced the problem to bad fan switches and faulty thermostat which I thought would fix it, but it was overheated by previous owner and my brother was riding and didn't shut it off with the light, not till it gave a cloud of steam.  

Oh ok, dam that hurts man.  Well good luck with the rebuild and make sure the head or cylinder is not warped from heat when you break it down and post some pics! I love to see pics.  You found  the right forum to help you out if you need! 

Good luck brother. 

9 hours ago, Frank Angerano said:

Oh ok, dam that hurts man.  Well good luck with the rebuild and make sure the head or cylinder is not warped from heat when you break it down and post some pics! I love to see pics.  You found  the right forum to help you out if you need! 

Good luck brother. 

what he said...

Alright I'm am going to explain this teardown. 

1. Remove upper rack 4 t27 star bolts.

2. Remove front grill piece says polaris brand on it.

3. Remove plastic that covers the fuse brr. ( right under handle bars).

4.remove the metal part of the rack. 

5. Remove the front grille held in by few bolts. steps 4 and 5 are actually in wrong order do 5 first than 4.

6. Renove the seat really easy. 

7. Statt removing the front fender/ all front plastics as one assembly  simply loosen about the bottom 3 screws per side. Where fender meets with footrest plastic. Fender flares can stay on. Then remove gas cap, and screws on front fascia( fuse panel area -2 screws). 2 screws on plastics right under the seat as well. Then remove the cvt breather right near gas tank. Unlosen clamps and gently pull out. Might have to pull loose the airbox for this. Removal is needed anyways.

8. Remove upper assembly for headlight and loosen lower plastic of headlight assembly too so it can move easier.  

Then fight and semi gently pull plastics around handle bars with fenders and all. With it loose access will be radical. 

• Like 1

9. Remove fuel tank put cap back on first pull it out as much as possible before removing fuel lines less mess this way and save the gas. After all loose pour in container.  Only 2-4 scres/bolts hold it on.

10.Then remove airbox start remove upper lid (if not done already). Will see now see bare filter, loosen clamps from carberautor side rubber boot and the airbox including filter will come out. 

11. Next it to remove carberator with intake as one piece.unloosen bolts that hold intake to the  head. Then unloosen bolts bolts that hold carberator bracket to frame. Carb will then have room to slide back I didn't undo cables or anything just slide it back out of the way.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.