Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

moe

96 yamaha timberwolf

just  a noob  looking for info on my Timberwolf . I am looking to restore it,  any info would be  greatly appreciated

Welcome to Quadcrazy. You found the right spot for atv’s.  Good luck on the restore! So what shape is it in, year etc.  Is the bike running? I’ve done quite a few bike restore and would share any info on what I’ve done to save me money, and time not to mention that there are so many memebers here that can also help along the way.  So good luck and share some pics of you can.  

🤙🏻

thank you  and hello 

its  not running atm  needs  new  battery  for starters  then its  cleaning  carb  replacing  cables   and  a major  cleaning before I moved  I had  new  brakes  tires  then  stored  due to  work scheduling  am now retired and looking to enjoy my easily manageable  joy toy.  oh yes  its a 1996 yfb hr  250 with  about  300hrs  on it

Edited by moe

Well that’s the first time I’ve ever heard anyone call an atv a  “joy toy” but hey why not! 

Why change the cables ? I’ve always  taken them off the handle bars, strung them up and sprayed wd-40 into them. It works it’s way down after a day or so and they should be fine.  Unless they are broken. 

How are the tires ?

I have 4 Timberwolfs. Different years and all with different problems. Great quad when you get it running. lots of torque. 3 are running, but always finding something new to fix.

Currently fixed some backyard wiring, and now it starts but starter is always running, unless I disconnect the battery.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By dcata
      Got a question and hopefully find some help. I have a 95 Timberwolf 250 that I picked up and it didnt want to idle. I have rebuild the carb with new kit replacing all the jets and float seat. Blew out the ports with the air compressor after I soaked the carb and cleaned the ports with a fine piece of wire and it still wont idle on its own. Has new air filter. I had it running and sprayed around the carb and carb joint and didnt get a rapid acceleration as if I had a leak. I read somewhere how the standard jets are like a number #40 and people have replaced them with a bigger jet. I called the local dealer here and they said they cant order jets and was wondering if this could be the problem and if so where can you order them at. Any info/help is highly appreciated. Sorry for being so long, just want to get as much info out as I can.
    • By stymy68
      I have an unknown year Timberwolf. I have had to replace/repair some back yard wiring issues. With the wiring fixed, I compared to my other Timberwolf quads, I have found a problem. Starter is always running. I can only get it to stop by removing the positive lead from the battery.
    • By stymy68
      So I'm trying to figure out the year of one of my Timberwolf's. I have 4.
      2 are definitely 1993's, as I can read the serial number on those.
      1 has to be close to a 93, as the back rack and lug width (156) are the same as the 93's.
      The last one is killing me. Someone painted over the serial number.
      Listed are the differences
      Back rack is different. It goes through the plastics and will pivot on the rear attachment. Doesn't have the handles out the side, either.
      Doesn't have the loops coming out of front plastics.
      Foot rests are different.
      Lug pattern is 110.
      Everything I've read, says that the Timberwolf was produced from 92-98 and then changed name to Bear Tracker. Most parts are interchangeable through those years. Only change I found, was front brakes were upgraded to disk in 2001.

• By davefrombc
      1992-98 Yamaha YFB250 Timberwolf 2WD Service Manual
      View File Service/Repair manual 1992-98 Yamaha YFB250 Timberwolf 2WD
      Submitter davefrombc Submitted 08/06/2017 Category Yamaha ATV  
    • By ron755
      I have a 94 Yamaha Timberwolf 250 4x4. I have no fire to the ignition switch, no nutral light, head lights, or tail light I can jump across the selinoid and start it. I put on a new solinoid. The neutral light comes on,while running, but dims when you give it throttle.
      Would this be a relay, not letting fire go to the key switch? If so, could someone post diagram from a manual, on how to test the relays?
      Thanks for any help
      Ron