Quantcast

96 yamaha timberwolf

moe

Welcome to Quadcrazy. You found the right spot for atv’s.  Good luck on the restore! So what shape is it in, year etc.  Is the bike running? I’ve done quite a few bike restore and would share any info on what I’ve done to save me money, and time not to mention that there are so many memebers here that can also help along the way.  So good luck and share some pics of you can.  

🤙🏻

thank you  and hello 

its  not running atm  needs  new  battery  for starters  then its  cleaning  carb  replacing  cables   and  a major  cleaning before I moved  I had  new  brakes  tires  then  stored  due to  work scheduling  am now retired and looking to enjoy my easily manageable  joy toy.  oh yes  its a 1996 yfb hr  250 with  about  300hrs  on it

Edited by moe

Well that’s the first time I’ve ever heard anyone call an atv a  “joy toy” but hey why not! 

Why change the cables ? I’ve always  taken them off the handle bars, strung them up and sprayed wd-40 into them. It works it’s way down after a day or so and they should be fine.  Unless they are broken. 

How are the tires ?

• 3 weeks later...

I have 4 Timberwolfs. Different years and all with different problems. Great quad when you get it running. lots of torque. 3 are running, but always finding something new to fix.

Currently fixed some backyard wiring, and now it starts but starter is always running, unless I disconnect the battery.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Gwbarm
      I have been exploring all the options available, so many, its hard to choose. I have kind of narrowed it down to the Honda Pilot, Subaru Outback, and Kind of looking at the Outlander, although its a little small,  the new one is nice looking. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations or gripes with any of these rides. I have driven Jeeps for the past 25  years and they have been great, but their price point has gotten to high. Expieriences good or bad would be helpful. Thanks!
    • By McG75
      Hello I’m new here and was wondering is anyone knew of good replacement part numbers for front struts and rear shocks for this atv? I think I’ve found a new rear shock, that looks like the original but there is no dimensions or anything and was wondering if there are any afterMarket new front struts available. I know it’s a long shot but any help would be appreciated. 
    • By Suzukiquad
      I have a 97 Yamaha Timberwolf and it is beyond loud, is there any good options to silence them or at least make them bare able to drive. I know it has a crack in the exhaust pipe, but even with that fixed its still loud. 
    • By dhallftworth
      Hi everyone, I received a 98 Yamaha Timberwolf from my brother for free, and I'm working on getting it going. 
      I am having the following problem: 
      The engine is backfiring through the carb. 
      I have done the following to try and get the four wheeler running: 
      Rebuilt the carb and set the air screw to 1-1/4 turn out and the circlip at middle position 3
      Replaced the coil, because the cable was loose at the coil end
      Repaired the main ground, coming from the battery
      Replaced the ignition switch, because my brother couldn't find the key. New switch tested good
      Tested the kill switch and it tested good
      New coil tested goodfor both primary and secondary coils
      Pickup coil resistance is at 195, which is correct
      My source coil, is where I believe the issue is. The resistance is 310ohms, and it should be between 428-523ohms
      When I opened the stator housing, there was significant oil, which I have read is normal. Does it sound like I'm on the right track replacing the source coil? Could this be causing my backfiring issue? It looks like the source coil is part of the stator assembly, is this correct? 4BD-85510-20-00 STATOR ASSY
    • By dvs1961
      Just bought a new hisun ,been shopping for a year or more for a sxs   best bang for the buck...Are there any lift kits out there for a 2022 Hisun 750 sector ? links thanks