Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Brer Wilson

1987 YAMAHA MOTO 4

I got this almost a year ago for $500.00 it was covered in a garage and owned by a 57 year old lady.  She said she didn't need it anymore and wanted me to have it for my kids 1 of which is level 3 autistic.   Ritual oil changes and yearly service.  This was barely driven and when it was it wasn't beat on.  All in all I got a killer deal on this wheeler and nothing is wrong with it.  Starts and drives like its brand new. 

19381.jpeg

• Like 1

Wow that’s a relic but a great one at that. You can’t find them in that condition any more unless it’s a barn find.  

So what’s your plan for it ? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Ajmboy
      View File 2018 Textron Off Road Alterra 500 Service Manual
      2018 Textron Off Road Alterra 500 Service Manual
      Submitter Ajmboy Submitted 12/16/2018 Category Textron Off Road ATV  
    • By Sonders
      It appears that the Service Manual thread at top of forum is dead as all the links no longer work.  I'm actually looking for service manual for a 2000 KVF300 Prairie that I just picked up.  Does anybody have link to one that they can share, or know where I can find one?  Thanks in advance for any help.
    • By colin james
      View File 1996-2000 Polaris Sportsman 335/500 Service Manual
      This is the factory service manual for the polaris sportsman 335 & 500.
      You can download the section you need  or download all of the chapters for the complete manual 
      Submitter colin james Submitted 10/19/2018 Category Polaris ATV  
    • By Ajmboy
      View File CFMOTO CF500/CF500-A ATV Service Manual
      CFMOTO CF500/CF500 ATV Service Manual
      Submitter Ajmboy Submitted 10/21/2019 Category CFMOTO ATV  
    • By Ajmboy
      View File Kazuma and Other Brands ATV110-M Service Manual
      This is a supplemental service manual for Kazuma and Other Chines brands 110 ATVs.  ATV110-M Service Manual
      Submitter Ajmboy Submitted 10/21/2019 Category Kazuma ATV  
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By anryu451
      Rescued this thing from sitting in a warehouse the last two decades. Finally got it to fire, but when I put it into neutral to do so its now stuck in neutral, and wont shift no matter how much pushing, rocking, etc. Even with throttle it wont. Range lever on left side will go from H to L, but not to R, and this makes no difference on it being stuck in neutral.

Any suggestions?
    • By moto4guy
      Hey guys I have a Yamaha moto 4 250 that was running great now all of a sudden I have low power. It starts up and idles great and engine sounds fine no knocking or ticking or anything like that. I can ride it and sometimes its like you flicked a switch and the power comes back for a minute and then it goes away again. I've changed the spark plug, cleaned the carb and it made no difference. I'm thinking the stator could be going bad but id like to find out more before I spend the money on it. 
    • By silly sloth
      I have 2 1985 Yamaha yfm 200s the yellow bike runs great plug is nice and brown nothing worng with it the black one however runs like a bag of ass it Spitz out the carb it sputters runs real hot it's lean I know that but it literally has the identical carburetor every part of them is identical inside and out and no matter what I down I can't get it to richen out rather burn a whole lot of gas then burn the piston
    • By VFWVET
      Just purchased one of these and I have a few questions:  Went to change the air filter and it fell apart, but there were two pieces of the foam wrapping the wire cage - Normal?  In addition there was about an inch of oil in the bottom of the air filter box - again - Normal?  The backing piece of plastic for the wire cage was laying in the bottom of the filter box and the bolt was also in the oil.   I am also looking for a recommendation on what to do with the machine as far as maintenance, it runs well, shifts fine, needs a new battery, but what else should I be checking?  The previous owner had it for over 25 years and does not have any records or memory of the last oil change or any other maintenance other than needing to replace the battery a couple of years ago and placing a car battery on the front rack and running wires to the starter.   Learning curve is sharp, but looking forward to the experience.   Thanks for your input.  
    • By SirMaxwell
      Any luck with manuals?

I need a carb in the owrst way and am have gone down a lot of rabbit holes (over 90 tabs and counting). Factory calls for a Mikuni BST34/1 (I think, but need to check manual). I don't care what or who makes the carb, just need a basic reliable carb. No Racing etc, just puttering. I currently only have the cable with the round slide attached.
      Don't care if its round if I know what other parts to get to  make it all function.

Thanks for help, and listening, gonna go chase more rabbits I guess.

Max