Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Todd Trask

Kawasaki Lakota kef300

Hello, Having electrical issues with my Kawasaki Lakota Kef300.

new coil, new cdi, new plug.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Hello, Having electrical issues with my Kawasaki Lakota Kef300.
new coil, new cdi, new plug.
any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Make sure your cdi is the correct one, they come in AC or DC you have to know what your stator is of either one...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

No I don't know if AC/DC.I Bought from amazon in which said for a Lakota  kef300. I bought new carb,tires,light kit,brakes,tail light, seat etc. I have fenders and racks off. Starting to go through with a meter to see if anything measures funny. I said screw it and already order, stator,pick up and gasket. I have to much into it now to give up. Plus I like the little bastard..This pick was a little over a week ago. All was working, till it sat for a week..😳

IMG_7255.PNG

Hahaha little bastard!! I love it. If I had to sum up the way I feel about all of my bikes past and present I would put that way.  I love the bikes i get and feel the same way! Anyway I would guess it’s the stator. It’s an easy test with an ohm meter.  But a new one cant hurt! Keep us posted I’m curious how it goes.   

Would anyone by chance know where I can get a wiring diagram. For this Lakota ...?

I believe 2000 kef300
Try downloading "Manuals library"from the app store, that's how I got my Kazuma Falcon 150cc repair manual....

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

you should be able to see what we have in the download section and be able to down load after 10 posts which you should be close to or should have so far.  

If you need help with the wiring diagram let me know.  

I will pay for a good diagram. Nothing is free in this world. There isn't much to these damn things. I'm just not a wiring guy. I will fix anything. 

• Sad 1

Ok hold on one sec. Here at Quadcrazy believe it or not the manuals are free! 

Secondly I said I’m willing to help you sort out the electrical diagram because I am a wiring kinda guy! 

And lastly anything that I can’t help you with there are plenty more memebers her to jump in and help with a solution.  

Take a look at some of the forum posts and you will see some of the most complicated problems to some of the simplest are solved here! 

I have been reading for the last couple hours..I will wait till next Wednesday to receive new stator,pickup,rectifier and gaskets. I just don't understand how one day it is running like a raped ape. And the next it just rolls over with not one spark. 

Like my ole man always said. 

"If it wasn't for bad luck, I would have and luck at all.." 🤣💩

It happens.  People jump start their bikes with a car or a jumper pack and don’t realize they can blow up a stator coil.  All sorts of resons.  Welding on a bike can do the same. I’m at the point where I can’t wait for a bike to give me the best problem it has to offer. Bc the bottom line it’s that it’s a machine and it has a diagram and if you can understand the diagram you own that bastard. So let’s get after it and fix that thing and make it run. 

• Thanks 1