Lildaisygrl18

Ughh...need some help

My man and I have been workin on my 1997 warrior. We are tearing it down from top to bottom and have found some things to replace. One of those things is the swing arm....it is cracked on both sides at the welds. Are problem is that we cant free up the dang thing. The long bolt that holds it on at the top is stuck because the bearings have seized and caused a welding of crap to the bolt. We have tried bangin the hell out of it, pryin, everything....the bolt will turn but it wont budge comin out. we alredy decided we need a new one and are ordering it but my question is.....does ne one have ne other ideas on how to get this bolt out??????????? We are gonna try to add heat to it and see if that frees it, if not i think we may have to just cut it off at both ends....:aargh: Please ne suggestions would be great

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

If you heat it up, won't that cause the metal to expand and make it tighter? I would think you are better off cutting both ends.

:aargh::aargh::aargh:

I'm the "man" :laugh::laugh:

What a project this thing is turning out to be. Going to hopefully try some things later and get it out, if that doesn't work, we're cutting the thing off :)

What's up "The Man"?:laugh: Welcome to the site. I've never messed with my swing arm but could you just drill the bolt out?

That is what I was thinking Stoopidbot1. I would drill it out probably.

Yeah I couldn't remember about the Warrior. I looked at buying on once but the frame was pretty bad and I didn't have the time or money at the time to be working on it. It was dang fast though.