Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

anthony zimmerman

Sportsman 700 coolant in oil

Found coolant in my engine oil, I pressure tested the cooling system with oil drained and drain plug still removed, I found if bolt on mag side cover  that goes through the middle of the gasket on coolant port is removed antifreeze leaks out. Has anybody had this issues, is mag cover gasket leaking coolant into the engine oil?

That is the same side as the water pump correct ? If so then yes you would see coolant leaking into the engine if bolts are removed from that cover or if there is a gasket failure.    

@JacobSlabach if the coolant is pure and clean you will clearly see the green or whatever color coolant blobs in the oil.   If it’s mostly water then you will see the standard grayish color with some of the coolant streaks in it.  

There is also a pressure tester cap that has a pump connection on it to pump air into the system to pressure test it.   

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Curtis01
      OK, sooo  I finally did the old skid plate and screen removal to clean out my oil sump during an oil change...  This bike only has a couple thousand miles on it.  Runs like a top still...  Very few issues over the years after buying it used.
      But boy I wasn't expecting to see this!  Piece of a circlip, stuck up in the screen, and a another shard of metal and maybe a piece of gasket material.  Nothing in the oil but that...  Pristine otherwise, and still runs like a top.  Always has.
      Soooo, is it a wrist pin clip?  That's the only thing I can think of like this that could end up in there.  But definitely wanted to throw it out to guys that have seen the innerds of these more than I have.
      The valves on this thing are still within the factory spec even.  Been a really good lil workhorse...
      Any other ideas?

• By dpacapt
      Has anyone disabled the engine brake on their atv, or is it even possible?
    • By Venom
      Does anyone make aftermarket engine parts for the Suzuki Quadsport LT-Z50?
      Pistons, Valves, etc...?
      I have found rings and complete gasket sets.... I need an oversize piston kit and valves..
      One company is selling a piston, but upon further inspection it is an LT50 piston that they are saying is for the 2006 Suzuki Quadsport LT-Z50. Yet the LT50 Piston is not interchangeable with the LT-Z50 according to the pistons listed by Suzuki.
      Any help would be appreciated
    • By Chase Cook
      Have a 2001 polaris sportsman 500 4x4 atv and when I put coolant in the radiator it starts leaking from the exhaust. The valves are sealed but it stopped making compression. Do I need to just replace the head? I just rebuilt the hole top end and this is the only thing +valves that I have not replaced and was wondering if that is why it's not starting up. Need answers please.
    • By Gsk1500
      The clutch cover goes on and fits, but the little L chapped arm that has gear slots is concerning me.  It appears it goes to wear the clutch adjust bolts are on the cover. 
      Is there a specific way to tell how it mounts on the gears in relationship with the basket?
      I don't want to deal it up unless it's right