Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

2000 Polaris Trail Blazer 2 Stroke Automatic Issues

Hello everyone, i have 2000 Polaris Trail Blazer 300 I’ve been stumped on for weeks. I’m having a lot of issues starting the quad. I cleaned the carb spotless because I thought it was a carb issue and bought a new fuel line because it wasn’t getting fuel. The carb gets fuel perfectly fine now but it won’t start. The spark plug I a little worn out but it’s good enough for just one start. The only time it does “start” is when I spray starter fluid into the carb. But it never stays on. It’ll start for a bout a second then just die out immediately even if you’re giving it some throttle and the choke is on. I have no clue what I should do. If you need more information, have questions, or have any slight idea what the issue would be and how I could resolve it. Please reply ASAP. Thank you.

Welcome to Quadcrazy. What did you set the adjustment screws at? Air/fuel an shows the idle? Did you reassemble the float properly? That needle that closes off fuel to the bowl sometimes is tricky making sure it’s attached to the floats.  I’m sure your work was good on the carb but I’ve missed stupid things too. It’s clearly a fuel issue so it has to be either the carb or fuel line. I would go back and look. Also the rubber manifold that connects the carburetor to the engine, make sure it’s not cracked sucking in air. 

Before you do anything try this. Take the cap off the gas tank and blow into the tank putting pressure into the tank will push that needle in the carb down and try to start the engine. See what happens. Sounds crazy but hey I’ve done it.  

@Ashton Crawford thanks man that’s really helpful!! I’ll be sure to check all those things out. I don’t know what I set the fuel air to honestly? I think 3 turns out. What should I set them too?? Also I know it’s not the line. The line is brand new and I made sure it was putting through fuel. Also the carb is getting fuel all through it. I started to think it was just not burning the fuel. But hopefully your information will be a solution!

Edited by Ashton Crawford