Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

David Barsukoff

LT80 Fuel Leak

Hey, I just bought the kids a LT80 and noticed a small puddle under the machine after they were riding it for a bit. I'm wondering if anyone knows why the fluid coming from the fuel shut off is a red colour, and would have any ideas of where this issue is coming from? I haven't had a real good look at it yet, thought I would ask first. 

LT80 Leak

Isn't higher octane fuel reddish in color? Is it not fuel you are seeing? Does it stop leaking if you shut that fuel petcock off? My grizzly has a bad fuel petcock and when I park it I have to shut it off until I find the time to replace it!

Hope it’s not diesel !!! 😢 

higher octane gas has that reddish orange tint to it. It could be the two bolts that hold the petcock in, or the rubber gasket in between the petcock and gas tank. Or the turn portion of the valve, it has a clip that holds it on. It snaps on the back of the petcock body.  Double check that’s pressed in all the way and not coming off of the valve.  It’s the part that’s stamped with the on, off reserve.   

Lastly is the fuel line itself. That hose on there is a thinner factory house. Sometime the top of the hose splits from the expanded pressure of being on the petcock.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By ronald webb
      So where to start my son's LT80 stop running a couple months ago. Naturally I assumed I had a carburetor issues or the peacock valve. After replacing those two items and ensuring I had a spark I started doing my homework thus finding this page. After all the post I have read the next natural thing would be compression I did a compression test today and it was only 60 after spraying WD-40 in it so off comes the cylinder head and The Jug to my surprise the cylinder walls and all the gaskets are pristine so I am totally stumped no idea why I would not have compression when everything looks brand new even the Rings look great any help would be appreciated thanks in advance
    • By BuckBilly
      I like to ride in wooded and grassy areas. It takes my mind off the everyday routines and helps me deal with my father's cancer. Also gives me a reason to get involved with forums like this one.
    • By Scott M
      Hi all. I've had a 1994 350 Warrior for 15 years or so, love it but, I'm wanting it to be a 4x4. With my limited knowledge I've come up with maybe a 2005ish wolverine 450 4x4.  I really need advise on what to look for though!
      I'm liking the prices on the early 2000s. The biggest concern is it fitting it my truck. I have a 2016 Colorado crew cab (5 foot bed). I'm not worried about length at all just width of the front wheels I think I guess...
      I think I heard that the Kodiak is the same as the Wolverine but it has a front locker??? I'm not overlooking other brands, I just searched around and came up with these.
      What do you guys think? What would you get for under about $5 grand, 4x4, that is relatively light weight and will fit in my pickup? 

• By Kelby 746
      Hey y’all I got a kfx 400, rebuilt the carb put bigger inlets on it, adjusted the fuel mixture screw 2.5 turns out and cleaned the fuel petcock. It starts up not so great, it takes full throttle with full choke and cranks for about 10-20 seconds before it fires and while “ideling” it surges very bad and I’ve messed with the idle set and it changes nothing, if you ride it casually it runs fine but as soon as you get on it for more than 4 seconds it stumbles and falls flat on its face and you have to wait for the carb to fill back up with fuel, I’ve checked everything and nothing is blocking fuel, I even put a bigger hose to see if that made a difference. Thanks for reading hopping to hear someone has some advice. 
    • By gmoose
      Fuel issue. Fuel runs through carb flooding  cylinder when sitting. Does the float suppose to shut the fuel off when sitting ?