Quantcast

2004 kymco mongoose 50 No spark

Ed Maki

I have a 2004 kymco mongoose 50 two stroke and it was a mess and it didnt run when I got it. There was practically no wiring harness and all of the wires that were there were electrical taped together. Long story short I ordered a aftermarket wiring harness (Complete Wiring Harness Electrics Wire Loom Kit CDI Rectifier Ignition Coil Magneto Stator For GY6) installed it and now I have no spark. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

The new harness came with new everything, stator, coil, rectifier, kill switch, cdi box the whole works. Everything plugged right in, most of the new stuff bolted to the factory locations. I never found anything for a rip cord. I finally go spark last night but not in a conventional way I suppose. Now that i have spark i tried to start it and it keeps flooding itself. So I adjusted the float and now it's not getting any fuel. Also when trying to start exhaust out of the carburetor really bad.15691720495593691804897636076143.thumb.jpg.13a41dc78aeb06241196b1c3d7810e3c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe the float level was right when you first took it appart, it may have been dirt not letting the float needle to shut right , try to readjust  float level as it was before blow all passages with air and it should work fine again.caburetors are happy when  cleaned thoroughly . How's your spark plug you haven't mention it through out the entire post they're also happy when cleaned or much better when new. Nice ride BTW,that frame looks neat!!

• Like 1

I re adjusted the float last night and cleaned the carburetor again just to make sure. The spark plug is new. Pulled the reed valves out and one had a piece of gasket maker in it forcing it to stay open. Put it all back together and still nothing. I am getting fuel and spark, but the spark is looking weak now😡.

Ok make an old school trick to discard possible trouble  sources when igniting motors. Pour a dab of fuel through spark plug hole, screw the plug back in and whith full open throtle try to start it over.Now if that doesn't work ,now you know fuel is not the issue ,it's got to be a spark problem ,  keep on posting the results I'll be aware of your findings. Good Luck !!