Quantcast

1991 Honda Trx200D Type 2.

Chase Cook

Yes I just bought a micrometer the other day in the other piston that was in there is a 65 mm and I just checked the new one to make sure it's 65mm and it is. I was thinking possibly that they did put a smaller cylinder in there but it's the same. I'm thinking that I have to get a 64 mm piston which they do not make them for this ATV since 65 mm piston is standard OEM

Edited by Chase Cook

Okay I honed it out and it's still not fitting.it's fitting only a quarter way through the top and the bottom but when you push it through the middle it almost gets stuck without the rings in it. And I heard the living crap out of it and it still ain't working.Well I'm thinking of is the whole cylinder is warped and you definitely have to board out if that's the case so I just bought a whole new cylinder head and piston kit. It was pretty expensive $375 but it should be here tomorrow but I'm not sure if it will be done by tomorrow this weekend I will have it on and hopefully get it running.I am fixing to send some pics so far of what I done to it.like the tires LOL because I don't have no more pics of the rest of the stuff. Definitely not finished with the plastics and all that though and tires. I still have to drill 2 more tires out for the studs to fit but the other two I did just right and they don't wobble but I think it looks good so far. It was kind of dumb but I put about now $1,500 in the ATV so when I get it running it should run like a damn top LOL. Hopefully I can get about 1500 to 2000 out of it.

Screenshot_20200413-230423.png

Screenshot_20200413-230410.png

Screenshot_20200413-230112.png

I was thinking about you buying a used cylinder because there was one for about that much or it was like $100 or $120 but I didn't know if I should have trusted it or not so I just went ahead and just bought a brand new kit.also their golf cart tires but I'm going to be running out on the street a lot so hopefully they will work well on the street. if not I have some good size rims on there now I can put street tires on when they wear out.

Sounds like a solid plan brother. Keep us posted.  
FYI

1. lots pf grease on all moving parts for the initial start up. 

2. Spin the engine by hand so you make sure nothing is hitting.  (Pull the spark plug first)
3. After the above is done without the spark plug and fuel turned off  crank the engine so it pumps oil up to the top of the head.   

Then you can go ahead and crank it up.  

Golf cart tires work ok as long as you keep the speed really low.  They will balloon pretty bad with much speed because they are meant for low speed, soft compound driving on grass.  I've done trailer tires before that are almost identical and they worked great b/c they are speed rated.  I used them on an old Bayou 220 for packing dirt and it worked like a champ.

• Like 1

Thanks for your support Frank. I will let you know now that I just put the topping on and it fits perfectly. The only thing I have to do now is put a new spark plug coil on, and I ordered a CDI because it is a sparking now. I replace the stator and rectifier and I did it tester and they both have ohms but I'm thinking now it could be to CDI going out. And also I have to tighten the top of the valve cover down and get everything situated to try to start it. It will probably be another two weekends before it's fully ready. But tomorrow and Saturday hopefully I can get all situated and started.I just got the whole top end and cylinder kit today and other things for it. I'm going to put on. Of course I already put the cylinder kit when there though.I'll send you some pics probably tomorrow or Saturday.I didn't get a chance to take them today because it's getting late and I have to work early tomorrow. But keep y'all updated. Hopefully I can send a video to.literally the only thing that I'm waiting for her to come in as a new muffler but it's going to be June before it comes in LOL. And I bought of course like I said another CDI box which was $50. And I also bought the clutch kit for it because when I first road it,you'd have to floor it for a couple seconds for it to kick in and start going. So I'm thinking the clutch is slipping but it was about $50 for that too.so I'm probably $1600 into it now Lol. But my battery went shot so I'm going to have to go and get another one which is another almost $50 LOL. But I'll let you know and let y'all go now.

Hey Frank, I got ATV running. Its running like a top now LOL.

Also I was going to ask you what kind of transmission is this. a 5-speed or 4-speed. I heard that if it's a type 2 Honda that the five speed will fit the 4 speed. Mine's a 91 so it's the year lower then when they started to make the five speeds witch suck. And if this is a 5 speed I'm going to buy it so I can put it in mine.

Screenshot_20200418-234907.png

Screenshot_20200418-234921.png

Also I was going to ask you what kind of transmission is this. a 5-speed or 4-speed. I heard that if it's a type 2 Honda that the five speed will fit the 4 speed. Mine's a 91 so it's the year lower then when they started to make the five speeds witch suck. And if this is a 5 speed I'm going to buy it so I can put it in mine.

Screenshot_20200418-234907.png

Screenshot_20200418-234921.png