Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

2000 Lakota KEF300 Oil level & Battery

Maxx

Hello Guys!

Dumb question. How much oil registers on the oil level gauge while running? The oil level reads correct when off, but while running I can only see just a little bit in the oil level gauge. Makes wonder if the oil isn't circulating well enough.

Also, whats your preference in battery brands for ATV's (standard or AGM). We don't ride it all that often.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Welcome to Quadcrazy @Maxx.  Oil levels in the gauge/sight glass wont be accurate when running. Oil is consistently flowing through the engine so its never all in the same place for an accurate oil reading.  If your not getting an accurate reading then its safe to say its ok.    Engine off, wait 15 minutes and take an oil reading. You will be at 97%  accuracy of your dipstick or sight glass.  The other 3% is still in the head or lining the engine walls.  As far as battery ratings; go on Amazon, there are tons so have at it. I personally like the pirate battery

YTX5L-BS Replacement Motorcycle battery - Rechargeable High Performance - AGM - Sealed Maintenance Free - Pirate battery https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XDRYQLZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_vCEWEbG7WTPD0

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies Frank and AJ! I'm new to this kind of stuff, and there's so many brands to choose from with regard to batteries and parts. I'd rather ask here than possibly take to heart a review from someone that just doesn't under stand how to keep a battery charged. But again thank you for helping me out.