Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

1986 Suzuki LT185 Suspension Upgrade?

Hello eeveryone,

Just picked up an 86 Suzuki LT185 for my daughter, and she's complaining that it bounces so bad over bumps that it nearly throws her off the quad. I have the tire pressures some where around 3 psi. I really can't go any lower than that. I noticed that there isn't anything in the aftermarket world for shocks and springs for this quad. I am wondering what others are doing to soften up the ride. Also wondering if there's a way to fabricate a rear shock, since there isn't one.  I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks!

• Ajmboy changed the title to 1986 Suzuki LT185 Suspension Upgrade?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• [[Template core/front/widgets/relatedContent is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Similar Topics

• By mpovah
      Hi all, new member here. 
      Picked up a really cheap non-runner last night from a neighbor. He had gotten it from someone else who had rebuilt it a few years ago and it has decorated his garage since.
      It is an early-90's (1992 or 93?) Suzuki LT250, but the weird part is the engine is a neon green color. I am now wondering if someone swapped the original motor out of this quad. Does anyone have experience with these that could give me a pointer as to what this could have come out of? I have heard that some Arctic Cat models had the same Suzuki motor - could that be where this came from? It is a 2WD, and has the typical chain drive/RWD system with both front and rear (rear drum) brakes. Very little rust and mostly complete, for the price I paid it isn't bad, but I am not sure how to pinpoint the engine type, and I would like to have that figured out.
      Just want to make sure what I am dealing with before ordering parts. I will need a carburetor by the looks of things, and air/oil/fuel filters, plugs, etc. 
      Thanks in advance for any help, appreciate your experience with these quads. 
      Matt
    • By tacojooper89
      Figured I ought to post a little introduction for me and my newly acquired quad. I just recently picked up a 1985 Suzuki lt250ef in pretty rough shape but a good price. Need typical things like tires, tune up, and a couple other things. Came to this forum looking for a service manual and maybe so parts. I'm looking for mostly the rear brake light assembly being as someone apparently decided to remove it at some point and bypassed the wiring. Also any pointers to typical good practices on these would be nice but I like to think I am fairly mechanically inclined. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
    • By JacobSlabach
      I have a gentleman that asked me to service his bayou for him.  I have always wondered what oil should be used in atv engines?  Pros?  Cons?  What weight should be used in what type of weather?  Is there one kind that I could bulk buy and safely used in any quad I worked on or owned?  What about performance?  Engine Life?  This has always been a 🤔🤔🤔 area for me with quads as far as why you would use one type of oil over another....
      Thanks!
    • By Mezzy
      My 2005 Kawasaki banshee runs great, perfect at sea level and starts right up has a great idle perfect performance till I get up to 4000 feet and struggles to start won’t run hardly at all till warm. Anything I can do to the carburetor in a quick type adjustment? 
    • By Quad king
      I am not sure what is wrong with my King Quad. I had a new carburetor put in 6 months ago, just replaced the fuel pump and added an in-line fuel filter in. I have been trying to fix this quad for a while now and do not know what is wrong with it. It idles fine and runs great as soon as it is fired up, you can Rev it and stay in first gear with 100% power. As soon as I drive 10 feet it looses all power, I mean it is sputtering and doesn't move at all, but when I let off the gas after it sputters it idles fine. I will attach a video of what it is doing.
      Snapchat-1290161440.mp4