Quantcast

I need answers...1987 Yamaha moto 4 350

Jerandangel

ok I have a 1987 Yamaha moto4 350 its been sitting for 10 years, I bought and put new battery in and had no spark. I cleaned stator, I bought a new starter silonoid, ignition, coil and wire, still NO SPARK!!!  What am I missing? Plz help

I need to download the service manual and it says I need comments on here so plz respond and maybe help me along the way.   I'm at my wits end here I dont know what to do, can't afford bringing it to a shop

Does the motor  turn over on the starter or  do you  get nothing  ?  If  nothing  the problem  could be the neutral  safety switch  safety switch  or another safety switch is faulty..  If  everything works  and  the motor turns over on the starter then   it  could be  the CDI  box ( most likely)   or the trigger  coil  is in the stator assembly  is bad.  By the way ,  Be careful  if you  search for a wiring diagram.  I  did  and  found one site that had been compromised by a trojan.. Tried the link to the  pdf  it listed and got the message the link  didn't  work.  There was another link  listed on the page that supposedly   went to  a download page, it showed a different address and   a op up  box that my  browser ( Firefox) had an important  update.  That  was a trap trojan  installer.  No,  I did not click  it .  I know  my  FF  is up to date and about  scams  like that one . Those  SOBs catch far too  many  unwary people  and every time I see something like that I  post   in the forum I did the search to  help try to answer a question  so  if others search they  have a heads up  that the exploit is out there.

See if you can find someone local  with a CDI  box that  fits your  machine  that you can borrow to see it if it   does the trick..  There is a manual  in the downloads sectionof the forum   but  toy need 10  posts  before  you  can  get it .  Good luck  with your  quad.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, davefrombc said:

I hope Jerandangel  got the information they  wanted and didn't  fall for that trojan  posing as a browser update on one page claiming  to  offer a wring diagram download .

Where did you see that? If you get stuff like that, you may need to clean your browser. 

EDIT: Just read your post a second time, sounds like search results. I use Norton, which prevents these things. Good call out though 👍

Edited by quadmaniac

2 hours ago, quadmaniac said:

I  also  subscribe to a couple  of tech  news groups   that often  give a heads up  on  newWhere did you see that? If you get stuff like that, you may need to clean your browser. 

EDIT: Just read your post a second time, sounds like search results. I use Norton, which prevents these things. Good call out though 👍

Yes  it was search results. One of the sites claiming to  have a pdf available was either  a bait site or had been hacked so that when  you  went to download the  "pdf"    a pop up  came saying  an  update  to   my  browser ( Firefox) appeared..  It likely would have substituted the name of whichever browser was being used.  It  is a fairly common  exploit  that traps the unwary.  Any time  I spot  something like that when  searching to try to  help  others,  or in phishing e-mails,  I like to warn  others of them.  I  usually post about them  in  my Facebook  so  my contacts  know of them  and can spread the word to  their contacts .  Far too many people  use their computers   but  are  not  really aware of  the  various exploits out there  so  are  too  often  vicitimized  by them .   I   just  use   Microsoft's own anti-virus and  my  own  "spidey sense"   when  browsing  and  checking  e-mail.   I also  occasionally scan with  Malwarebytes  for adware  and similar crap. I also  subscribe to  a couple of tech  news  services that often  give heads up  on  new exploits  out there.  Being retired, I have a little  more time  to  do  searches  and browsing  on the computer so  I am  often   a  little  more able to  find information  for fellow forum  members who  may not be quite so  familiar  with computers  , searching  and  the  various forms of malware  out there ..  If my warnings  help  even  one   perso  evade the  pain,  frustration and expense  of an  exploit,  I'm  happy .   I don't mind others in some of the forums  I'm  in grumping  about  my warnings  because the exploits are  old news .. Far too many   others  aren't familiar  with that  old news .  My  posts  are for those it'll help ,  not for the " know it alls" ..  LOL

No  matter  what anti-virus  you  use,  it's always  best to  occasionally  check with something like  Malwarebytes too. .

Norton  is among the best  pay  A/Vs  but  I  quit it  years ago because I  found it a resource hog . Microsoft has  greatly improved their  built in  A/V for basic protection .  There  are plug-ins for Firefox and the other browsers  that  also add  a layer of protection   and   an awareness of the many  exploits out there so  far  have kept me safe  without spending a bundle  onpay services .  For those interested ,  here's the site  that regularly  evaluates   all  the  main   anti-viruses  out there..   They're an  independent  service  , not  pushing  any  one product   like some  "test and evaluation" sites  do.

https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/