Quantcast

1992 yamaha big bear 350 carburator issues

• I WANTED TO UPGRADE THE CARBURATOR ON MY 1992 BIG BEAR 350, SO I ORDERED A NEW CARB FROM EBAY.  ACCORDING TO THE WRITE-UP IT WAS A GOOD FIT FOR BIG BEARS FROM 1988 TO 1996.  WHEN I REMOVED MY ORIGINAL CARB I NOTICED THAT IT WAS DIFFERENT FROM THE NEW CARB MY CARB HAD TWO THROTTLE  CABLES THE NEW CARB ONLY HAD ONE CABLE.  HOW CAN I MAKE THIS CARB WORK ON MY TWO CABLE THROTTLE?
  •  

If the cam thingy the cables attach to has a reasonably strong spring you could run it with only one cable. In the two cable setups they have a cable to return the throttle to idle. It's a safety feature, usually on competition bikes that get used at full throttle a lot. Some though have a slightly weaker return spring than the normal one cable carbs and you need to be sure your cable is in good condition and routed correctly, and that your kill switch works..haha.

There is a good chance though that  that carby isn't really going to be suitable for your bike. I'd consider returning it and trying for the right carby for your bike. That been said though, almost every after-market carb is tuned in a generic sort of way that doesn't suit any particular bike or market and they always seem to take a bit of retuning.. So.. why don't you just repair your old carburetor.. Most of the time they just need a complete strip down and thorough clean out.

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I DECIDED TO RETURN TO THE FORUM THAT I STARTED CONCERNING THE CARB ON MY 92 BIG BEAR .  THE BIG BEAR IS GOING STRONG WITH THE REBUILT ORIGINAL CARB.

ONE MAJOR REASON IS USING GAS WITH NO ETHANOL, THE CARB STAYS CLEANER.  I STILL HAVE THE CHINESE CARB AS A REMINDER OF WHAT NOT TO DO!  

IT IS BETTER TO REBUILD THAN TO REPLACE THE CARB.

THANKS GUYS!  

Good you got it going, rebuilding the original has always worked best for me, and yes, no ethynol gas, i dont use it in any of my small engines seems to destroy rubber partts and initiate rust on the steel parts.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By 86ccord
      Starting this build thread to keep up with everything on my build and hope to motivate someone!

I picked up this 2008 Yamaha Big Bear 250 2 weeks ago. A guy that I hunt with parked it at the hunt club for a year or so before I asked him if he wanted to sell. He said " fill my feeder and throw some batteries in my cameras, and you can have it". Sounds like a deal to me! 
      I have attached some pictures of how it sat under a tarp in the woods and when I got it home and cleaned up a little. 

• By bob2007
      Hy there great to be able to communicate with people having knowledge I have a continuous problem with a leaking carburetor and I just saw a small rubber hose detached from the bottom of the carburetor and i cannot find were it should be attached and how the two side should be affixed to the carburetor any suggestions as i cannot find a description plan on it thank you Bob
    • By JohnnyB
      Greetings, 
      Have a 88 LT80 that been sitting for a couple years. Bought a new piston, cylinder and head. Installed these, rolled it over and it quickly locks up.  Took carb apart. It was full of what appears to be 2 cycle oil. Cleaned it, but keeps locking up and 2 cycle oil continues to seap from exhaust port.  When i installed new cylinder, I noticed crankcase was full of oil.  I'm now wondering if that oil is what's getting sucked up into cylinder.  Should there be no oil in crankcase?  If that the case, how is crank and rod lubricated?  Sorry, never worked on a 2 stroke. Thanks!
    • By newguy024
      Just got into ATV riding just last week, never had much money so i couldnt afford to buy anthing, so now at the age of 34 i just bought a 1987 suzuki quadrunner 300 for 500$ took it out a few times and what a rush of excitement to go through that first mudhole haha!
    • By BuckBilly
      Good morning to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Let's see if we can make this a daily event.