Quantcast

2003 Honda Rancher ES TRX350FE - In Need of Breather Tube Info and Diagram

blasirl

Pretty bad illustration, but it does hook to the Airbox under the brace, like the photo shows, and just hangs out with all of the smaller hoses going through the underside grommet to hold them in place, there are several angles that are premade on the OEM one, are you trying to make one that will work , or what are your thoughts.

I did that on mine it kind of works but their was no place to put the smaller vent lines, you can make something or tape them to it. Had to make an adapter to fit tight and glued it in , hose wasn't big enough to go over the connector

IMG_3706.thumb.jpg.9ea4da2e1bb5a10d8e541f67b06f88da.jpg

It worked I ended up cutting it even with the gas tank mount. OEM for mine was not available and so far I haven't been willing to pay 70.00 for the muddy deteriorated one I found on Ebay.

IMG_3709.thumb.jpg.4660f7184adc247ed37b148b8bf88a0a.jpg

• Like 1

Oh Ok I thought you were talking about the large tube, smaller ones are easier. I had some of the smaller ones also didn't have to replace them just figure out where they went and route them accordingly, and the OEM large hose had a grommet for them to fir into.

I probably don't have any other pictures.. I'm a bit short of time today as well, but if I get a chance I will have a look..  But the explanation's going to be longer than you finding the info in a diagram...

Sometimes you have to look carefully at the grey parts of the diagram as well as the vivid parts the drawing is showing.. Sometimes when you look at the plan view then the side view, it all becomes clear..  I bet once you have it back together, it will all look just like in the diagrams.. 

These breather hoses just hang out in the grommet attached to the air intake duct, hooks to final drive, carb, and brake, and do not attach to anything on the other end. You might have already known that and I misinterpreted your question. Thats what mine does and it appears yours does also by looking at the diagram.

14 hours ago, Mech said:

Ha. Nah.

I'm here to help, not do it for you.

OK, I'll type in a heading from the picture above: Differential /Final Gear Case Breather Hose.   Did that make it any easier for you?

10 hours ago, Gwbarm said:

These breather hoses just hang out in the grommet attached to the air intake duct, hooks to final drive, carb, and brake, and do not attach to anything on the other end. You might have already known that and I misinterpreted your question. Thats what mine does and it appears yours does also by looking at the diagram.

Sorry, but no I did not.  What is the purpose of these hoses if they do not connect to anything?  This is my first ATV/ATC/Motorcycle/Jet Ski etc.   I work on cars and a hose usually connects to something else aside from drains.

2 hours ago, Mech said:

"easy" has nothing to do with it Blasiri..  I'm here to help people that want to help themselves.. You aren't trying..

Don't worry, I wouldn't want you to get out of your comfort zone.

You have been officially IGNORED

Edited by blasirl