Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

400 cc roketa 4X4 carb problems

ddogg

I have a 400 cc roketa 4X4 that the cvk carb runs gas out the aircleaner . I have reset the float and put a new carb on but it still overflows. It has an electronic plunger on the top of the carb that I don't know anything about so if anyone has had this problem or knows how to repair it ???????

Does that machine have an electric fuel pump?If it does there might be an issue with the bypass/regulator;causing it to overfill the fuel bowl.That would also explain why it's still doing it after the new carb was installed...Have you checked all the carb vent hoses for blockage?That could also be a cause(I think)

no fuel pump--gravity feed straight from the tank. I have played with carb for a long time but I don't know anything about the electronic needle on the top. I will try running with plunger unpluged and see what it does.

• 4 weeks later...
wats wrong with the carb i can prob tell u ghow to fix it :)

1st post Pg 1:wink:

I have a 400 cc roketa 4X4 that the cvk carb runs gas out the aircleaner . I have reset the float and put a new carb on but it still overflows. It has an electronic plunger on the top of the carb that I don't know anything about so if anyone has had this problem or knows how to repair it ???????

• 5 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By mga
      I just brought home a used 2005 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4. It needs front wheel bearings, and a new choke cable. I think i can handle those two items. However, when i went to look at it, it ran good, shifted good, brakes all workds great, but at home when i started it, it would idle nice, but when i gave it gas it seemed like it was flooding out and would die. If i just gave it a little throttle it built up RPMs but any more throttle it began dying out again.
      any suggestions why it's doing that? 
      I'm looking for a service manual, but forum rules say i have to make 10 posts..lol

oops...i just realized i posted in the wrong section of the forum!!
    • By kram2112
      ran like a beast. sat for a couple of years. New cheap petcock, tank wash and cheap carb. bogs half throttle. 300.00 factory carb and the same. moved the needle no help. all new vent lines and battery. wouldn't think yhe timing should change. 
    • By gatorschevy
      I own a few older quads mix of kinds a couple of  Yamahas, a Honda, can-am  a Kawasaki, they are older quads but in good shape the question of the day is....... what's the best way to polish up the plastic?
       I have found that Dollar General mold remover is good to get the black stuff off the plastic works good, but was wondering how you polish up the plastics on yours.
    • By Matman
      First time working with a Honda-Matic transmission. I didn't even know what I was getting into when I purchased this running beat up farm workhorse quad with black oil. I was thinking I could tear the cases apart and find the bad bearing, causing the random squealing noise when you put it into gear and give it gas. Upon opening the engine covers, I Learned about the Honda Matic automatic transmission and realized there's more than just an electronic shift motor going on in these quads. With my learning curve in major education mode, I'm now wondering two possible culprits to the squealing as I've torn the motor down and am staring at the Honda Matic transmission.

Two possible issues:
      1. The bearing that is squealing is unfortunately inside the hondamatic unit hydraulic transmission which is apparently not serviceable? A new unit is $1,900 to replace it! Yikes!
      2. The pull starter rope snapped and someone replaced with the wrong pull starter rope that eventually became severely worn out and the centrifugal lever/catch shows signs of wear from rubbing against the housing.
      Thinking now the pull starter has nothing to do with a squealing that loud, so my attention is now on the Hondamatic unit, 
      Has anyone gotten inside their cases to inspect the Honda Matic transmission?
      There's a only 1or 2 videos out there that are not helpful for tear down and inspection.
      I understand it can't be rebuilt but wondering if anyone has looked deep enough into one to clean it out from running dirty oil? Possible identify bad parts.
      I refuse to believe Honda is engineeering these as completely non-serviceable?
      Thinking I will try to disassemble the Hondamatic unit m. Hopefully get into it and get all the dirty oil out and replace with fresh? Any special tools needed?
      Any and all thoughts/experiences with Hondamatic units would be great conversation for me..

• By MMC
      I have a Suzuki Quadmaster 500, that I got from a customer.  It has less than 400 miles on it.   I think I put most of the miles on it, so they sold it to me.    I used to drive it a few times a year,  treatinjg the gas or emptying it when I could.
      I relocated and wanted to get it running again.   It will start with little trouble, then run for 15-20 minutes, then start to chug a bit, then finally stop.  Sometimes I can start it again, but it doesnt continue to run long after that.
      when I first opened the oil filter when I moved, it was drenched in oil and fell apart.   I went and replaced it with a OEM foam filter.     I notice now, when it does stop, there is a small amount of oil on the bottom the air filter box, and it's clean oil.  I had recently changed the oil before I moved.     Each time I clean that up,   I go through the same process.  It will run, and I can drive it for a bit, but then it slows down and stops.  
      Any suggestions?  I am not an ATV mechanic by far, but can work on most of the stuff I own.    I did have trouble finding a dealer who would work on it.   One local one, said "We dont' work on stuff that's over 20 years old"   It can't be because of parts,  I just laughed.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• Gallery Images