Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

Drilling wheels?

kfx450r

Not a good idea. You are taking away the structural integrity by doing that. They designed that the face of the wheel is where alot of your support comes from. Chances are nothing bad would happen but you raised the chances of a wheel failing off a big jump. There won't be the same kind of support on the wheel so it could crack between the OEM holes and the holes you made.

• 4 weeks later...
Can you drill yamaha wheels to fit a honda bolt pattern? In theory i dont see anything wrong with it..other than you having more holes than normal..or would that make it weaker or something

I think you could do it but like some others said I would NOT advise it.

I once had a set of dune paddles/ wheels and they had multiple sets of holes in them and so would fit multiple bolt patterns. I did use them on multiple quads with no problems.

I also think it would depend on the type of wheel and the strength of that center section.

Imma drill em, so many people have told me its ok and have done it with NO problems on hard riding, + the rims are douglas .190s, which some of you know are some of the strongest rims. Plus there going on paddle tires, which means no jumping there strictly drag tires so theres hardly any chance they will break.

Imma drill em, so many people have told me its ok and have done it with NO problems on hard riding, + the rims are douglas .190s, which some of you know are some of the strongest rims. Plus there going on paddle tires, which means no jumping there strictly drag tires so theres hardly any chance they will break.

well go for it then:yes: