Quantcast

snorkel question??

Clint

I have a 1986 225 moto 4. I have been just playing with it for fun and i put a snorkel on it. In the air box under the seat there is a hole in the front of the box. That is where i have ran the tubing for the snorkel. It is sealed really well and seems to work. The only question that i have is that i seem to have lost a good bit of power. I know that they are suppose to lose some power when a snorkel is added but i dont think is much. When i take the airbox top off add run it it seems to run perfect, (power and fast for a moto 4). However when i put the lid back on the power is lost. I was wondering if it was not getting enough air. Not sure??? Could i add a Y coupling to the one tube and then run 2 air lines off of it. Also when i run over a bump and the rear tires come off the the ground a little bit it seems to speed up and run perfect. Could a bulb or something be cloged in the carb?? I know that this is a long question but this has been bothering me for a while. I confused at all please let me. Thanks

I would try putting the "Y" on it and giving it another tube. Just think how far the air has to travel before it hits the filter. I've even seen people who will seal off the air box. Have no filter in there, but have the filter at the end of your snorkel. Make sure you have a pre filter on it.

Welcome to the site!

• 2 weeks later...
I have a 1986 225 moto 4. I have been just playing with it for fun and i put a snorkel on it. In the air box under the seat there is a hole in the front of the box. That is where i have ran the tubing for the snorkel. It is sealed really well and seems to work. The only question that i have is that i seem to have lost a good bit of power. I know that they are suppose to lose some power when a snorkel is added but i dont think is much. When i take the airbox top off add run it it seems to run perfect, (power and fast for a moto 4). However when i put the lid back on the power is lost. I was wondering if it was not getting enough air. Not sure??? Could i add a Y coupling to the one tube and then run 2 air lines off of it. Also when i run over a bump and the rear tires come off the the ground a little bit it seems to speed up and run perfect. Could a bulb or something be cloged in the carb?? I know that this is a long question but this has been bothering me for a while. I confused at all please let me. Thanks

Hey man new the forum I specialize in snorkel kits im interested in helping you out!!! Look did you run all PVC or did you run flex hose? I wold make sure I was running at least 2" pipe all the way out and stay away from anything that has a ribbed inside that will cause your air going in the airbox to swirl. You may have to add a hole to your airbox and put a male and female connector and run an extra snorkel out to get enough air to the motor. Hope this helps feel free to send me an e-mail for direct further questions. [email protected] Dillon