Quantcast

fiberglass fender repair?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

fibergalss is NOT going to stick to yamaha's plastic formula. Plastic doesn't even stick to their formula. YOU are aware that your fenders are NOT fiberglass right? they are plastic.

They flex A LOT. fiberglass does NOT flex. they don't get along well together, see?

If you have serious tear you are kinda limited to the Frankenstein repair or replacement of the panel. Ebay it and see if you can pick up some plastics.......

I would like to see some pics of your quad finished- I'll bet it looks too pretty to get dirty!

Edited by Raptor8

yeah well it cant look good with stock plastic. lol but i wasnt trying to repair the fender. i was jus using the stock for the mold. but i thought u could die it and make loook new. i was wrong. its expensive and not worth it, and im gunna get funds. btw all i need now is the pipe, plastics and afew little things just orderedd the rest last night.:wink:

• 1 year later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????
    • By Werewolf
      My wheeler originally had a fuel leak.But on trying to start it no spark. Took front end off, when I try to start it I get one spark then nothing. Come back a while latter one spark,replaced coil and cdi box no help?
    • By Gwbarm
      I just heard Tommie Smothers died, I watched his show in the 60s, it was a great show one of the best. He will be missed, if not for Mom liked you best, then definately for YOYO MAN and his state of YO.
    • By westomatic
      I have a 2015 sportsman 570 in the shop currently with a cracked oil pan. It is a rental unit, (not my own rental company but a customer's) and the renter that was riding it apparently hit a large rock and dented the bottom of the skid plate into the oil pan and has cracked it where the drain bolt is. (And before any-one tells me to just JB weld it, I am not going to do that for obvious reasons relating to it failing down the trail.  ) It is a quite large chunk that is broken and oil drains out about as fast as you can pour it in. I currently have the customer quoted for removing the engine and replacing the oil pan. Is this the best option? Or should I be looking into cutting the skid plate out, replacing the oil pan, and welding the skid plate back into place? Has anyone done that before? 
      Thanks!
    • By mkay1911
      HI all, new guy from upstate SC here.  I own a 2006 Big Bear 400 and a 2007 Grizzly 350.  Mainly here for tech.