Quantcast

Last weekend...

we went riding at prentice cooper. but while i was preparing, i checked my oil, and i noticed i had no oil reading on my dipstick(its sorta odd cause i jus changed the oil a month ago, and only rode it 2 or 3 times). so i put 1 and a half quarts in her and loaded up. we got to prentice and at the very begining of the trails there is a pretty decent hill climb. i go up it in 2nd gear and my dad noticed my quad was smoking at higher revs. immediatly we thought "ohh sh**! its burning oil!" so i rode it the rest of the day as is. but its stopped smoking half way up the first trail. i then checked my oil and it was reading at the same place it was when i filled it up. then i checked it again after we had it loaded on the trailer and it was still fine. so im thinking it could be the valve seals. and that should be covered under my warranty.

so wat do yall think the problem could be?

but to end this long winded post i will post some pictures from last weekend of me on small but fun downhill jump.

brap.jpg

stupid leaves!

10-11-2008PRENTICEANDASSORTEDOTH-5.jpg

10-11-2008PRENTICEANDASSORTEDOTH-4.jpg

10-11-2008PRENTICEANDASSORTEDOTH-11.jpg

10-11-2008PRENTICEANDASSORTEDOTH-10.jpg

10-11-2008PRENTICEANDASSORTEDOTH-6.jpg

10-11-2008PRENTICEANDASSORTEDOTH-3.jpg

10-11-2008PRENTICEANDASSORTEDOTH-7.jpg

10-11-2008PRENTICEANDASSORTEDOTH-8.jpg

10-11-2008PRENTICEANDASSORTEDOTH-9.jpg

and a video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd0RWJQE9sE]YouTube - prentice cooper[/ame]

yep, idk how i lost all of it. the quad still runs great so the compression is still alright.

i started it up yesterday afternoon and the oil was still right where i filled it up last weekend.

ill have to inspect it some more this weekend, it takes FOREVER for my dealer to do any work on our quads so we might try fixing it if its a small problem.

ok, i jus got done cleaning it and afterward i checked my oil and THERES WASNT ANY OIL!:aargh:

so i kno it isnt burning oil, cause i havent rode it at all since last saturday night which was when i last checked the oil and it read perfect. so i its leaking somewhere. i checked all my drain bolts and they were nice and tight. i checked my air box and it was fine.

ithink ill just going to take it to the dealer, as much as i hate to. me and my father are both baffled :confused:

do you guys have any idea where my oil is going. and wats causing the "disapering oil trick"?

Cool. Do let us know, cause something similar happened to my ex but I was only about a half qt low and after I topped off all was well.

lucky! haha but ill for sure keep yall up to date

wat i dont understand is its not even 10 months old yet and its already developed a fairly odd problem. it was always maintained properly. my dad said i was a quad killer but damn! :laugh: