Ajmboy

What Ply Tire do you use?

Just curious, what ply tire to use and what you would recommend for aggressive trail riding. To many plugs in my side walls! What do you guys use, and what is your favorite tire?

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Who makes those tire? Is there a site I an check them out on? I'm not up on the latest tires out there. Have to look around. If you know a site or brand I can search in Google or something, let me know. I tried Googling "mudhorns 6 ply" Like 3 entries came up and it didn't look like tires. Thanks! :D

Well, there are bias ply and true ply. If you want a great trail tire, you should consider the Maxxis Bighorn or ITP Terracross.

If you want just plain tuff...589's are just that. They will find the bottom of the mud fast though.

Home - ATV Torture - ATV Aftermarket Product Reviews offers reviews of some tires. We have more on the way. We are upgrading the site so please understand if it isn't functional when you visit.

You want a great place to get tires. Contact Mike at Dick's ATV : The best deals on ATV Tires, Parts and Accessories

Thans for the info! I've never seen that atvtirture site before.

Thans for the info! I've never seen that atvtirture site before.

It was recently switched to new software and over the last couple days have changed hosts and did a server upgrade. Common over anytime you like. I'm not trying to steal traffic, just a friendly invite. Need anything while your over there just gimme a shout.

I had never seen this site before yesterday. Kinda cool when you find a new ATV Forum. It's amazing what we can learn from other sites too. Hope you don't mind me pokin round here. I will keep link backs to a minimum or not at all if that's the rules.

-Gun

I HIGHLY recommend the ITP terracross. They are an AMAZING trail tire. They work great as a mud tire for the occasional mud hole/pit. They are a six ply tire with great side lugs for protecting the side walls and getting you out of ruts. They have a killer, aggressive look and the performance is just as great as their looks. This is what I have on the Rhino.

I HIGHLY recommend the ITP terracross. They are an AMAZING trail tire. They work great as a mud tire for the occasional mud hole/pit. They are a six ply tire with great side lugs for protecting the side walls and getting you out of ruts. They have a killer, aggressive look and the performance is just as great as their looks. This is what I have on the Rhino.

FWIW, some friends just went on a pretty good ride and the terra's out peformed the bighorns. Of course they were in wooded terrain for the most part. I'm not so sure this would have been true if they were on extreme rock.

Later

The Bighorn is Maxxis's answer to ITP's Terracross. They both have similar tread pattern and performance ratings. Choosing between those 2 is more of a personal preference more than which one is better.