Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Yamaha Blaster no idle??

SunLrider

there isn't much to adjust on that carb. You still have the TORS system on it? most do. It's a box atop the carb that throttle cable goes through.

If this happened suddenly then does it run OK otherwise?

I would check 3 things first:

Take the hood off and make sure the TORS box [one of the little black boxes] is plugged in and the connections are clean. It mat think you have fallen off.

Make sure your throttle control is firmly mounted so it grounds to the bars. It shouldn't be loose.

Fire it up, have someone keep it running, and adjust the only screw on the carb slowly.....it's a mixture screw so count which way you turn it each way.

let us know what you get OK?

Most likely a vacuum leak. not good for the engine! as it leans out it will speed up until it explodes...

does the throttle work smoothly? the slide is not stuck?

since it happened suddenly take a close look around the bottom of the barrel, ie, where the cylinder sits on the case. there's a paper gasket there and sometimes they will suck a chunk of that into the engine, creating a massive air leak. Make sure your carb is on tight too and you intake to head.

have any spray brakekleen or wd40? start it and spray around the barrel and intake...if the engine sputters, you found the leak. but dont leave it running wide open for long! you don't want o seize it.

does the throttle cable go thru it?

if so, back it off until you have just a little free play in your throttle control.

Oh, the factory jet on the side is idle speed adj, not mixture.

factory book says pilot air screw 1 and 1/2 turns out.

throttle cable free play should be .18 to .24 inch [1/4 inch max]

is the hole on the RH side? when you are sitting on it? are there threads in it?

while it's running put your finger over the hole and if the engine sounds changes then you are missing something. if not, still tell us if there are threads in there.

Most of the blaster carbs were also used on motorcycles and they have a port on the RH side that is cast in the body for a jet the blaster does not use.

good to hear it is running now-

• 9 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Suzukiquad
      If you had to choose one mod that you couldn't live without, or had to recommend one what would it be? 
    • By dhallftworth
      Hi everyone, I received a 98 Yamaha Timberwolf from my brother for free, and I'm working on getting it going. 
      I am having the following problem: 
      The engine is backfiring through the carb. 
      I have done the following to try and get the four wheeler running: 
      Rebuilt the carb and set the air screw to 1-1/4 turn out and the circlip at middle position 3
      Replaced the coil, because the cable was loose at the coil end
      Repaired the main ground, coming from the battery
      Replaced the ignition switch, because my brother couldn't find the key. New switch tested good
      Tested the kill switch and it tested good
      New coil tested goodfor both primary and secondary coils
      Pickup coil resistance is at 195, which is correct
      My source coil, is where I believe the issue is. The resistance is 310ohms, and it should be between 428-523ohms
      When I opened the stator housing, there was significant oil, which I have read is normal. Does it sound like I'm on the right track replacing the source coil? Could this be causing my backfiring issue? It looks like the source coil is part of the stator assembly, is this correct? 4BD-85510-20-00 STATOR ASSY
    • By joshua91673
      hi every one .anyone out there my issue is my kick start wont stay out  i have to have some one pull it out.  it pull out easy just wont stay out to kick it over .kicks over and starts no problem 
      also does this quad have a ajust mint for the rear spring .it sags when i get on it .or is this normal . thanks guys for your time 
      first post 

josh ohio
    • By p5200
      I added more fresh gas it sat one day now, it's acting up again. Before cleaning out carburetor it wouldn't idle good and had gas leaks from carburetor. Now it idles pretty good but, if I increase throttle speed at a certain amount it starts missing bad. I'm going to try and post a short video. Just about ready to give up on this thing.😒  you can see reflection perking in video.

20240217_114429.mp4
    • By p5200
      Hello folks, my machine wound up with I think water in the tank etc. It runs but speeds up and slows back down randomly. When not running I don't see gas dripping  from the drain nipple on bottom of float bowl and drain screw is closed tight. With normal idle speed I see no leaking. When the idle speed increases quite a bit on it's own, gas appears to start slowly dripping from float bowl drain nipple? I'm wondering if the carb is flooding and the gas is actually coming from higher up and just appears, to be coming out of nipple but, is actually running down the sides of the nipple? I put a kit in the factory Mikuni carb last year after sitting for a while and I think the gas in the jug I used had drawn moisture. I plan to pull the carb tomorrow and clean everything out. I was just curious if anyone else thinks it's probably something in the carb and is, acutally a flooding problem? Thanks Folks! 🙂
  • Similar Tagged Forum Content