Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Painting my ATV plastics??

Spooge

If I can remember correctly......For every added 10 lbs you drop 1HP.......

Every little bit helps.......

When I went to All Stainless on my Z......I Hollowed out the bolts Just to save some Weight....I know.....CRAZY!!!!:laugh:

I wasnt saying it weighed 20 lbs, It probably weighs a 1/2 lb max

Just a side note, hollowing out the stainless steel hardware is the most purpose-defeating thing you could do... and a waste of time, effort and money.

If you got stainless steel hardware because its stronger, you just made it weaker thatn factory hardware by drilling it.

If you bought stainless steel so it wont rust, it will because you drilled it. The only reason stainless steel doesnt rust is because it has a zinc coating and by drilling youve just grinded that coating away and exposed raw steel, anything freshly drilled is extremely prone to rusting

Just a side note, hollowing out the stainless steel hardware is the most purpose-defeating thing you could do... and a waste of time, effort and money.

If you got stainless steel hardware because its stronger, you just made it weaker thatn factory hardware by drilling it.

If you bought stainless steel so it wont rust, it will because you drilled it. The only reason stainless steel doesnt rust is because it has a zinc coating and by drilling youve just grinded that coating away and exposed raw steel, anything freshly drilled is extremely prone to rusting

I Had a guy in Florida make them for me..He is an OLD SCHOOL Triker and has been making parts for the Tri-Z since 1985...Tried and True...they have been on my bike for 8 yrs now and holding strong,,,,It wasnt a Wast of anything for me....I got what I wanted and I am Happy with the Result....That is all that matters,,,,,As with your painting of the plastic,,,,If it makes you happy do it.....I have personally seen painted plastic and it looks Like Chit on a White Horse....Its a VOD,,,,,,(Victim of Distance)....Looks good from 50'....I have also seen guys restore their plastic by sanding it down....Looks like Almost perfect Stock when they are done.....Very labor intensive but worth it in my opinion.....

Im not here to butt heads with you.....I dont need to be SCHOOLED,,,,

Carry on with your Thread......:wink:

well i took the pics but the supplies ur gunna need will prob bring u up to about $20-$30 and ur gunna need some special tools i completely forgot about..lol..ill post pics tomorrow maybe u can get some ideas if u want from the pics...or u can go to ur dealer and they can do it for ya just another thought

do u have a

-grinder or dremel

-vice

-drill press or powerful drill (portable or corded)

-drill bits for metal

-shop or store were u can get square tubeing and about an about a 1/8 of an inch thick bout 10-12"s long and 5 inch's wide peirce of metal?

and mods if u read this how many pics can i put in one post cause i have a lot..lol

Edited by outlander560

well i took the pics but the supplies ur gunna need will prob bring u up to about $20-$30 and ur gunna need some special tools i completely forgot about..lol..ill post pics tomorrow maybe u can get some ideas if u want from the pics...or u can go to ur dealer and they can do it for ya just another thought

do u have a

-grinder or dremel

-vice

-drill press or powerful drill (portable or corded)

-drill bits for metal

-shop or store were u can get square tubeing and about an about a 1/8 of an inch thick bout 10-12"s long and 5 inch's wide peirce of metal?

and mods if u read this how many pics can i put in one post cause i have a lot..lol

Arg.. I only have a few of those things.... but a friend of mine has an auto shop, he might have the right tools :D

my guess u put it in a vice so it dont go anywere then u get a big flat head screwdriver and a hammer and hammer the clip on the top off... make sure u pull down the rubber washer underneath the clip at the top or it wont pop off... u also got to make sure the shocks r as loose as possible and u could use rope, zip ties or ratchet straps to compress the spring enough to get the clip off thats what u could also do...but thats what i think i dont know what mywifeknowseverythin does

wat type of paint r u using to do the springs?

yea was not surprised about that sorry man...uhh u got ratchet straps.... or u can get another person with u and they can use a crow bar or something like that to wedge in between the coils of the spring to way the spring down to pop off the clip..not the safest way mind u but if u dont want to get the spring compressor go for it just try not to kill urself..lol

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By mywifeknowseverythin
      For those of you who are into coffee, I found this little article that might interest some of you.

I admit it. I am a coffee snob. I try not to be obnoxious about it, but let the record show: I enjoy a really great cup of coffee. But pay $4 a cup for it? No way. Even snobs have their limits.
      Over the years, I’ve learned that a really good cup of coffee has less to do with money and more to do with knowledge and care. In fact—and this is the amazing thing—the more I learn, the less I spend.
      BEANS. Purchase whole bean coffee as soon after it has been roasted as possible. Freshness is the key to a superb cup of coffee. Purchase in small amounts—only as much as you can use within 2 weeks of being roasted.
      RATIO. The perfect ratio of coffee beans (prior to grinding) and water is: One-half cup whole beans to 8 cups of water.
      GRIND. Grind your beans as close to brew time as possible. A burr or mill grinder that crushes the beans is preferable to a blade grinder that cuts them. Once ground, coffee should be used immediately.
      WATER. If your water is highly chlorinated use bottled or filtered water. It must be right at 200 F, just short of boiling temperature, when it hits the dry grinds. This is critical to creating a great cup of coffee. Consume immediately.
      STORE. The enemies of roasted coffee beans are air, moisture, heat and light—in that order. Keep your beans in an airtight container that is not close to moisture (sink, dishwasher), heat (oven, stove) or light (countertop). Do not store your daily coffee in the refrigerator or freezer because contact with moisture causes it to deteriorate. For larger quantities of roasted beans that you cannot use within 2 weeks, wrap in airtight bags and store for up to a month in the freezer—making sure the beans are completely protected against moisture. Once removed from the freezer, do not return.
      BUY. Most supermarkets offer high-quality, roasted coffee beans for $.60 to $1 per ounce ($9.50 - $16.00 per pound). Ouch! Discount warehouse clubs like Costco, Sam’s and B.J.’s have considerably less expensive coffee at about $9 a pound for name brands like Starbuck’s and Peet’s. Still, that’s too rich for my blood.
      ROAST. I roast my own coffee for two reasons: It is infinitely better tasting and half the price. I purchase green coffee beans by mail order for about $4 - $6 a pound, depending on current conditions and variety. I started out roasting in a popcorn popper (West Bend’s Poppery II is ideal) and have graduated to a small coffee roaster. My favorite resource for everything from roasting instructions to green coffee beans is http://www.u-roast-em.com/. Owner Jim Cameron has a wealth of knowledge and is anxious to share.
      You won’t believe how easy it is to roast coffee. And enjoyable, too. I roast only one-week’s worth at a time—about twenty minutes. Green coffee beans have an indefinite, useful shelf life of at least a year, and probably two or longer. But I’ll never know. Coffee beans just don’t last that long around my house!
    • By Charlesbrown
      I’m looking for a top end kit for a Yamaha. I would like to see how well the engine runs before spending $6-$7 hundred on oem. Niche has complete kits from $1-$2 hundred.  Anyone have experience with Niche or similar Chinese companies? 
    • By opnea
      Where do yall ride at in South Florida other than the MX track on Krome Ave?
    • By 2wdrancher
      Hello everyone I have done a ton of research on doing this conversion because I hate getting stuck in the stupidest places and not being able to back out. I will be documenting my conversion here and on a couple other forums and probably post a couple videos on YouTube. So what I’ve come up with is all you need is a front axles, front propeller shaft, the final shaft inside the engine and the 4x4 front engine cover . I will list all the part numbers for everything that you need and prices from about six months ago (sorry) , you DONT need to switch out hubs, knuckles, or anything like that, and if you want differential lock lock like the foreman and Rubicon you can get a foreman Rubicon front differential and propeller shaft with the diff-lock and get a knight sure four manual actuator for it and voilà you have four-wheel-drive rancher. Input from you guys is greatly appreciated thank you for your time!
      Note: I would definitely get the aftermarket HD axles because they are definitely stronger and are around the same price as oem 
      FINAL SHAFT
      23611-HR3-A40  =$80.48

BEARING
      91006-HP5-601   =$11.11

OIL SEAL
      91202-HR0-F01   =$ 7.94

COVER ASSY., FR. CRANKCASE
      11300-HR3-WB0   =$206.99

PROPELLER SH AFT
      40400-HR3-A20   =$91.50

FINAL GEAR
      41400-HR3-W50   =$714.88

FINAL CASE BRA CKET
      50350-HR3-A20  =$7.40

FLANGE BOLT
      95701-08016-08  =$1.49

R. SHAFT SET
      44250-HR3-WB1  =$240.64

L. DRIVESHAFT
      44350-HR3-WB1  =$240.64
      This is all for the 2x4 - 4x4  lever that comes in stock on the ranchers. I would definitely recommend looking for parts for wheelers on marketplace,  or craigslist

NUT, ADJUSTING 
      41560-HP5-600
      $6.51

CABLE, FR. FINAL CLUTCH 
      41570-HR3-A21
      $6.56

SPRING, CLUTCH CABLE 
      41571-HP5-600
      $1.95

CLIP, CLUTCH CABLE 
      41573-HP5-600
      $3.23

GROMMET, CLUTCH CABLE 
      41716-HP5-600
      $3.12

LEVER, FR. FINAL CLUTCH 
      54030-HP5-600
      $8.91

PILLOW BALL, FR. FINAL CLUTCH 
      54031-HP5-601
      $10.87

BRACKET, FR. FINAL CLUTCH 
      54040-HP5-601 
      $11.19

SPRING, FR. FINAL CLUTCH 
      54041-HP5-600
      $1.86

GATE, FR. FINAL CLUTCH 
      54050-HR3-A20
      $4.55

GRIP, FR. FINAL CLUTCH 
      54321-HP5-600
      $8.95

X2 012
      BOLT, FLANGE (6MM) 
      90111-162-000

$2.54 

NUT, SELF-LOCK (6MM) 
      90343-ZE6-000
      $1.70

JOINT B, BRAKE ARM 
      95015-32001
      $0.82

X3 015
      BOLT, FLANGE (6X12) 
      95701-06012-00
      $1.34

Or Forman 520 w diff lock

FINAL GEAR
      41400-HR4-A21  =$732.49

PROPELLER SHAFT
      40400-HR4-A20  = $92.54
      And you definitely need the sure four locker for this
    • By vlxerdon
      Hello from southeast Georgia. Was gifted a 2000 Yamaha bear tracker with out a carb or battery and looking like it had seen better days. Was told it had sat for about three years. Explained a lot. Put a carb on and a battery in and it started right up. Surprised the heck out of me  Anyhow as stated in my opening I am  78 years old with a very long motorcycle backgground but brand new to atv's. Anyone else out here from Georgia? Would like to meet up with some folks for a ride or two. Looks like a great site. Thanks for having me. 
      Don
  • Similar Tagged Forum Content