chevy9588

More power

i have an 07 400ex that i want to spice up a little. ive already decided on a jet kit and exhaust and maybe a cam. what brands give you the most for your money? and would a stage 1 or 2 cam be better? and is there anything else i can do and gain more?

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

stage 2,Big bore to about 426, or go big with 440, mine is at 460. it's a built engine tho. do web cams. high comp piston, 450r carb or something along that line, get the rev box.

ebay honestly, lol or google what you want.

is there any way of gaining both if not probably go with top end. and is the 450r carb better than going with the jet kit

Edited by chevy9588

get a 15 tooth sprocket or so, good for top end

the only sprockets i can find are factory size

thanks thats the most stuff ive found for it guess i didnt know where to look after this gonna have to do somethin with the d**n suspension

thanks thats the most stuff ive found for it guess i didnt know where to look after this gonna have to do somethin with the d**n suspension

buy used 450r front shocks, youll be glad you did. i know someone selling a pair for 175!

thats what i keep hearing dont they just bolt in place of the stock shocks

idk

i would rather get yfz450 shocks for suspension.

it doesnt make your ride height higher and they are softer over bumps and potholes.

or you could fork over 5-900 bills for some elka/pep/axis shocks, like i did :P

well i can tell ya right now dont have that many extra bills to fork over the 175 for the 450r shocks sounds better to me

i understand that haha

yfz shocks can actually be cheaper than the 450r shocks. just search ebay and keep your eyes open.

buy used 450r front shocks, youll be glad you did. i know someone selling a pair for 175!

You're not talking about me are you?

I made a deal with another member to sell him my 450R stockers for $175 when I get my Fox. Just got them.

DSCF3566.jpg

DSCF3568.jpg

DSCF3569.jpg

I seem to recall a 400ex pipe shoot out in Dirtwheels and between all of them there was only about 1hp difference over Stock.....So,,,,I think it safe to say go with what looks best to ya.....

As far as everything else.....By far the Cheapest way to go would be some sort of Airbox Mod, Pipe, Jetting, Sprockets....

In my opinion,,,,Start with the Simple Almost Free or Cheap stuff....This way,,,,Your not dumping a lot of money into it and you will notice piece by piece the Differences and what is working and what is not....If top end is all your After.....SPROCKETS are your answer...Aftermarket stuff isnt cheap....If your not careful,,,,You will have spent The cost of a used 450 on a 400EX....:yes:

...If your not careful,,,,You will have spent The cost of a used 450 on a 400EX....:yes:

When you say stuff like that I get funny looks from Kristin:frown:! But I have done it too a 450!

any body know any good web sites to find the factory specs

is there one that would show me the displacement, cam size and sprocket size? sorry bout all the questions kinda new to building one. done alot of small engine work but never on a 4wheeler mostly mowers lol

Aftermarket stuff isnt cheap....If your not careful,,,,You will have spent The cost of a used 450 on a 400EX....:yes:

funny you should say that lol.. im on my way to dumping enough money into my 300 that i could have got a nice used 400 but at least this way i know how its been ridden, maintained, and so on