raptor_rider

Yamaha Raptor 660 touble starting

i was wondering if anyone could help me with the problem i have been having. i let my raptor sit over the winter and i tried starting it a couple weeks ago. i couldnt get it to start at all, all it would do was turn over and not even attempt to start. so i tried spraying some carburetor cleaner into the carburators through the filter box while i was trying to start it and it started right up. it rode fine and even if i would shut it off for an hour or so it would still start right up. then when i tried starting it up it did the same thing as the day befor so i used the carb cleaner again and it started up again. i thought maybe it wasnt getting gas but that doesnt explain why it would start up after i let it sit

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Drain the gas/ clean the carb/ change the oil/ Clean the air filter.

Try again.

k thanx.

i was talking to someone and they said it could be that the intake valves are to tight and need to be adjusted. could that be a possiblity too

Might be, check your valves. make sure every spec is matching with a manual. it's probably something really simple.

The first thing I would do is drain the gas, clean the carb completely. Chances are the gas went bad and gunked up the carb.

The first thing I would do is drain the gas, clean the carb completely. Chances are the gas went bad and gunked up the carb.

copy cat:no:

haha just playin

Ha, I'm assuming you saw that movie. At the end where they jump the car, I watched them do that. It was right around the corner from my house in Cali. That is Cabrillo St. they are jumping down.

Sorry, you can have your thread back.

so i was cleaning the carb and i took the black cap off of the top of the carb and no i cant get the thing to go back on becasue there is a rubber bowl that is supposed to go around the inside and i cant get it to fit. any tips

i also did the same thing with the rubber gasket that goes around the float bowl. its like its stretched out and i cant get it to fit around the grooves. any tips

It would probably be best to just replace the gaskets, they are cheap. Did you find any residue in the carb?

i actually bought some new ones a coulple months ago so they were in good shape. i finally got the gaskets back on. there was some residue so i cleaned it out and got it put back together and it started right up. thanks for the help guys