Raptorman224

2004 Raptor 660 New Clutch Adjustments

HI everyone. I ride a raptor 660 2004. I just had a new clutch installed last summer. I didn't ride much the winter but a few times on the ice and mud. So now its spring and i took it out again but i noticed that the clutch isnt catching very well. I hope the new clutch isn't gone, but don't you need to adjust your clutch as you break in your new clutch? Any help would be appreciated thanks!

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

You should adjust the cable to reduce free play. There should be a minor adjustment at the lever on the handlebars. If you need a major adjustment, I believe further down the cable there is a an ajustment with lock nuts.

You should adjust the cable to reduce free play. There should be a minor adjustment at the lever on the handlebars. If you need a major adjustment, I believe further down the cable there is a an ajustment with lock nuts.

Exactly what AJMBOY said. Have you been able to adjust it?

Hey Raptorman, any updates?

* Changed your thread title for more relevent searches.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      If we had a dollar for every time the question “Which is really faster, the 700 or the 450?” shows up in our inbox, mailbox, or voicemail, we’d be putting this magazine together from a bungalow on a barely inhabited tropical isle named Quadhama.
      http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1603755,00.html
    • By Snowden
      Hi everyone,
      I have a question, if the starter clutch gear looks fine but is still not working correctly then all I should need to replace is the one way bearing, right?
      thanks,
    • By dblbassdrumer
      [ame]
      [/ame] only when u pull back in the clutch does it make this noise and wanna take off
    • By Steve1266
      I went out to ride my quad today. When I started it up it ran for a minute, then died. Since then it will turn over but won't start. I've check the spark plug and get great fire. I have had this quad for about 6 months, and very new to breaking it down. But need help. Thanks
    • By precision17
      my son has a 50cc Baja atv automatic trans that at time (right now) jerks then dies, once he trys to start it the starter causes the quad to lunge forward like the clutch is not releasing. when this happens, you cannot push the quad backwards either even with the engine off. if you raise the rear on a block it will start but the rear wheels will spin even at idle, if you pull the quad off the block the load of the machine will instantly kill the engine. im guessing its a stuck clutch issue however I cannot find any info anywhere. im an ase master auto tech so I am pretty mechanical just need a point in the right direction. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance!
      Dana