EldoraMark

Honda 400 stripped oil pan nut

I am new to this site so i hope this is the right place to post my problem

I have a 400 hoda AT I went to change the oil and when i went to put the plug

back in I found out My threads on the case are stripped. I fliped the atv up and seen

where there is only about 1/4 of area that the thread is 360 degrees around. Then it's

threaded 3/4 away around. There is a void area on one side of the hole were it's

threaded. Looks like for draining more oil out. If the bolt which is 12 mm x 1.5 was longer

I might be able to catch some more threads that are 360 degree around up farther in the hole. I stoped by 7 stores and no one has a 12 mm x 1.5 thread. Anyway this is the darnest type threaded hole that I have ever seen. Does anyone have any suggestions.

I don't know if a helearc (sorry about the spelling) would work since the hole is not tapped all around. and then that void area would be covered up which i don't know what its for any how

mark

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Welcome to QUADCRAZY! I renamed your thread and moved it to the Honda forum...you'll get better viewing and searching here...:biggrin:

Not an uncommon problem. Try this out.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Helicoil-5546-10-Metric-Coarse-Thread/dp/B0002SRF80]Amazon.com: Helicoil 5546-10 M10 x 1.5 Metric Coarse Thread Repair Kit: [email protected]@[email protected]@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/[email protected]@[email protected]@51KO-Mc7GWL[/ame]

And here is how to do it.

Heli-Coil Screw Thread Inserts | Emhart.com

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Giuseppe
      Hi. I own a 2001 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4. I am looking to buy new rims for it. I just don't know what rims exactly that I need to get as the back and front rims have a different offset. I'm looking at the itp Delta rims. I have tires from my grizzly that I would like to use on my Kodiak. They are size 25. If anyone could help with the specific rims that I need to order, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    • By crazynordlander
      Hi All,
      Has anyone found engine oil in their air filter box. The must be little or no baffle between crankcase ventilation and that hose that attaches to the air filter box.
      I went to pick up my ATV today 60 miles away that they could not fix the jerky low speeds on and before I loaded it decided to check on this. Sure enough there was a good coating of oil with some pooling in the bottom of the air filter box. The air filter has oil on it too but is it a dry element or oiled element type. My guess from the color of it dry.
      I heard on a comment on my YT videos that there is a kit for this issue? Is this a CFMOTO fix?
      Thanks
      Kevin
    • By bradleyheathhays
      I'm going into my '11 Grizz 700 to adjust valve clearance for the first time and when I button everything back up I'll be replacing all the gaskets / o-rings. The 5 I'll be replacing include (from the top down) both valve cover gaskets, cylinder head cover gasket, and the 2 gaskets in the crankcase cover.
      Do I need to coat these gaskets with motor oil before putting them on like when replacing your oil filter?
    • By sloundez
      Does anyone out there know where I can get a functional pair of wheel cylinders for subject ATV? Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks
    • By toonces
      Have a 2011 Grizz 700 and for the diff oil the manual calls for SAE 80 API GL-4 hypoid gear oil. I'll be using Mobil 1 synthetic but as it comes in two different weights I'm not sure which one to get....either the 75W-90 or the 75W-140.
      The 75W-90 is listed as GL-5 and is recommended for use in 'high-performance vehicles like SUVs, vans and light duty trucks.' The 75W-140 weight is also GL-5 and is recommended for 'high-performance vehicles including sport utility vehicles, vans and light-duty trucks.'