Quantcast

Honda 300 TRX - backfire?

s3r4phic

Ok remember im new to sport quads and honda plus im not a mechanic by any stretch ok so here goes....

my bike runs great, idles fine everything works perfect although no matter what speed after i let off the gas i can be screaming down a trail in 4th or putting in 2nd the bike will "crack" or "pop" the bike has a little work done but not much the previous owner took it to a shop to have it jetted and he also added a D&G exhaust it seems to run fine and after i went back to 93 today ran alot cooler..... Should i be worried or am i just having jitters over nothing ?

after this one i swear ill quit w/ the questions lol promise !

Edited by s3r4phic

Keep running premium grade fuel, the regular gas is probably your problem. However, worked 4-strokes will pop and crackle, especially if you run a really open pipe. Just to be safe, google "plug chop" you will find helpful info on reading your spark plug to check for proper jetting. Don't be afraid to ask questions my friend, we would rather you be sure and riding than be sorry and sitting on a broken bike because you didn't ask. We are glad to help.

Keep running premium grade fuel, the regular gas is probably your problem. However, worked 4-strokes will pop and crackle, especially if you run a really open pipe. Just to be safe, google "plug chop" you will find helpful info on reading your spark plug to check for proper jetting. Don't be afraid to ask questions my friend, we would rather you be sure and riding than be sorry and sitting on a broken bike because you didn't ask. We are glad to help.

thanks for the info and the D&G pipe is a pretty open pipe that makes me feel a bit better looked up the plug chop and will check it next time i go out thanks again !

DirtDemon is leading you in the correct direction, we can talk quads all day long.

lol me too! i ride every chance i get ...... finally ran thru the rest of the lower octane and had a full tank of 93 in it today ran much cooler and "popped" and "cackled" alot less so thanks dirtdemon for helping put my mind at ease lol

i also pulled my plug and it was light brown not black or white and chalky so according to everything i watched and read last night means im running where i want to be ......

i will have a new plug to do a true plug chop soon but figured id pull the one that was in there to check it ........