Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

OPENWHEEL88

rebuilding a 91 lt80 can anyone help

im new at this and need all the help i can get!! my two oldest kids wore it out and i need to get it ready for the youngest son so any help would be great

thank you very much

You need to get a manual. So are you talking about doing a top end rebuilt?

Yes, a repair manual is a must, it has information that you need when working on a specific machine, important stuff like torque specs and such. The key components in a routine rebuild of a two stroke are piston, rings, cylinder hone or bore, crank seals, reeds, and ofcourse, all necessary gaskets. All this can be done without splitting the lower engine case. You will want to check the crank, connecting rod, and all the bearings that go with them. If any of those need replaced, you will need to split the case halves. You will also probably want to check the centrifugal clutch and the other components of the drive system.

torque i have can someone tell me how to get rings in cylinder without the correct tool

Are you asking how to put the piston in the cylinder after installing the rings? Or how to get the rings onto the piston?

There should be a line up dowel in the groove on the piston, make sure the gaps in the rings sit on either side of that dowel. Then you should be able to use your hands to pinch the rings in tight as you slide the cylinder back on over the piston, it isn't the easiest thing to do, but it can be done. I have done it several times, and I actually, think it is easier that using a ring compressor. I have one and unless I am working a car engine, I don't use it.

hey guys thanks for all your help i got it put back together this weekend and the kids are riding the heck out of it and so far it seems like i done a good job

Good to hear, my younger brother had one of those for his first quad, it was really a great machine.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.