Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

I have oil coming out of the front drain in my air intake assembly. What could cause this? Has anyone ever had this problem?

Since motorcylcles and atv's don't use a pcv valve to vent crankcase pressure, there is just a straight ventline that goes into the air box, so a little bit of oil in the air box is somewhat normal, if you over fill the oil it will make it a bit worse. Worn rings or valve guides will pressurize the crankcase more than usuall and you will get an abnormal amount of oil in the airbox. If you have tipped the machine over, that could cause oil to run straight through the vent hose. Please post the year make and model of the machine you are talking about.

Edited by DirtDemon

Did you change the oil recently?

When filling the oil you should check the repair manual for the correct amount of oil. The AC oil change kit provides enough oil for an oil change but not the exact amount. If you add all the oil you will have overfilled it.

Finally some engines check the oil level with the dipstick screwed into the engine and some with it resting above on the threads. If you think this may be the problem I can find the specifics for your model. Let me know.

I have oil coming out of the front drain in my air intake assembly. What could cause this? Has anyone ever had this problem?

What year and model is your cat?

I asked him for more info on his machine too. I think that was another one time poster, he hasn't come back since his original post on 9-29.

Hey arcticcat400, any follow up on this?

Bump...year, make, and model please....

Bump again....arcticcat400 please respond to your thread. Thank you.