Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

ejrbansheeguy

Best Full Exhaust Set-Up for an 06' Honda 400EX

Anyone have any input on what is the best full exhaust set up (header and muffler) for an 06' 400 EX? Looking to upgrade but there are many options with reviews that aren't very helpful. Also include info on what jet size i will be needing with the choosen exhaust. Looking at either a Pro Circuit or Yoshimura, but whatever anyone thinks, i'd appreciate the advice! Thanks!

Edited by ejrbansheeguy

Both of those you mentioned are good brands, there are other good ones too. I would just look around for a good deal on something you like.

iv been doin alot alot of reserch on pipes hear are some good ones trinity been makein good quality pipes 4 over 20 years DMC afterburner comp (a honda pipe), motoworks slip is better then thier own full system so not motoworks, drd is a lil better with yamaha but still good ,dasa,a really good one fat boy 4,curtis sparks is defetly up their, LRD was horse power king on a suzuki 450 dont know bout honda. look some of those up those are most of the top best

the curtis sparks x6 makes the best torq an hore power boy far .. but they are very pricy... i have the white brothers promeg on mine with the race turn down tip on the muffler ... and it makes about the same torq an hp as the sparks .... and it's also a polished header an i powder coated the muffler can red to match the plastic ... it looks real good ...

Anyone have any input on what is the best full exhaust set up (header and muffler) for an 06' 400 EX? Looking to upgrade but there are many options with reviews that aren't very helpful. Also include info on what jet size i will be needing with the choosen exhaust. Looking at either a Pro Circuit or Yoshimura, but whatever anyone thinks, i'd appreciate the advice! Thanks!

i use a trinty stage 5 dragg pipe cost is $460. all polished if not that use a fmf fullcore stage 4.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By JacobSlabach
      got 7 atvs off CL recently for a good price.  one of which is a yamaha warrior.  anyone know where the vin is printed on this bike?  Haha good place to start as I do not know year or size yet.  The former owner says needs exhaust ans and clutch work.  he said it ran fine until the clutch cable broke and then I couldn't get the new cable adjusted right and it would grind gears.  things I see:  clutch cable locked up again, no brakes, carb leaking (green with algae around the bowl and has gelled gas stalagtights on it), aftermarket exhaust melted the airbox so I need something different and a new air box.  I would like the use the current exhaust if I can but I have a feeling its a redneck fix as it looks like there is an ace bandage holding it to the exhaust pipe (its an aftermarket slip-on exhaust), so I'm not sure about that- lets get the bike running first.  also, battery (looks brand new, what a shame) is dead, 0 volts.  Otherwise, bike looks to have not been wrecked, and plastics are ok (it sat outside under a 'tarp' for 3+ years since it was run last).  any tips and advise on where to start first would be awesome as this is my first clutched bike (manual).
      the clutch is my main concern- I've never rode a clutched bike so I dont even know what its supposed to feel like.  lol I'm spoiled on my automatic polaris 
    • By Thomas Brooks
      I know...I feel stupid for asking.  I find it impossible to use the thumb throttle with my thumb when I have the bars turned full right. I have to reach across the top and grab the throttle from the front with my fingers. It isn't very smooth and I can't help but think that there must be a technique, mod or adjustment for this. How do I get past this?
      Thomas
      2017 Polaris Sportsman 570 X2
    • By Artifice
      ATV Trails, Motorcycle Trails, Motocross Tracks, California
    • By Ron Young
      My 1990s KLF 300 has just developed this problem where if I turn onto full lock in either direction, the motor cuts out. It suggests to me either a short associated with the ignition switch, or more likely tension on a wire which is losing contact when pulled. To me this seems more likely because I would expect a short to show up as a flicker in the ignition light, which it does not.
      Before I strip it all down, has anyone experienced this, or could you advise me which wire/s to follow? Even though first look shows a number of wires in that are, I guess only one, or two would be involved. Thanks in advance.
    • By Tony Elliott
      Hi Guys
      im looking for a 2004 KFX50 cylinder, "i know rocking horse poo". but is the Suzuki LT50 the same? there seems to be a lot of re-pop suzzi stuff out there
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Coral Breding
      I loosened the allen bolts on the carrier and when I went to put my driver in the alot to pull back and tighten the chain, I noticed the holes were facing the front of the bike. I tried to slide a driver in and tighten the chain but the thing would not budge. I nearly ripped the tip off the driver in the slot. Any suggestions? 

• By afa913
      Am i better off to just replace the bearings or buy the whole carrier?
    • By afa913
      Anyone know a place i can find a used stock pipe for a 400ex?  I would love to find a take off
    • By Jordan Alexander
      The title is for attention. I’m prepping my cylinder head off of an unknown year 400ex to install on my quad. And I’m examining it and there’s literally a Jewish start( Star of David) protruding from the metal on the camshaft side of the head. It’s not imprinted or etched/ engraved. It’s coming out of the metal. DOES ANYONE HAVE INFORMATION ON WHY ITS THERE??? I’ve attached a picture 

• By 400ex
      So after my 400ex pep up (High comp piston, stage 2 hot cam, and some others), There was a malfunction with the rocker arm jam-nut; guess it wasn't torqued to spec. The rocker arm nut caused the lash to become too out of clearance and I bent a valve on a test rip high in the rpm range. There was no damage to the piston but only that valve, a couple dents in the head, and a completely destroyed valve guide. So I decided to take it upon myself (after watching kenoconnors race porting instructions and reading up on this subject) to port my cylinder head significantly. I had the head decked, cylinder honed and smoothed/polished the dome/exhaust port (intake wasn't polished but dimpled slightly to ensure fuel atomization). So after porting, decking the head, I had all valves and guides replaced/reamed, 5 angle valve job, and recut seats, then I installed xr400 gaskets (for higher compression), carb jets; 42 pilot, 175 or 6 main not sure, dynojet needle, k and n filter with no lid, enlarging of header ports and big gun eco slip on exhaust for a 450r, trx 250r coil (adds 1000+ rpm to limiter), 11:1 85mm piston, stg 2 hc with springs and retainers replaced, and polished rocker arms. I then replaced both sprockets one down in front and stock in rear, o ring chain, and 18in tires. There is a larger list of mods but these were the only ones affecting acceleration/performance. On the dyno, this quad put down 42rwhp and was estimated at 46 to the flywheel. Once again this was 42 to the wheel on the stock bore/carb size/header. All this was done at 16 yrs old. You may not be able to see it in the picture but peak whp was 42 on a mustang dyno.