Quantcast

2007 Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS rear cv boot replacement

JC-Outlaw

Should just pop out with a little persuasion. Stick a small pry bar between the cv joint and the case and give it a little push while pulling on the cv joint. there is a snap ring that sits inside a recess. Just dont go all prime-evil on it.

Does the retaining clip inside the boot have to come out (and if so how?) to remove the axle, or just by pulling the axle will it come out?

Thank you again for your information!!

Edited by JC-Outlaw

If I am not mistaken, the inner part of the joint is bolted to the brake disc or the sprocket depending on what side it is on. As far as the circlip goes, I think it just holds the joint to the half shaft. It shouldn't need to be removed unless you are actually replacing or rebuilding the joint itself. What Voodoo is referring to is the snap ring that holds the inner side of a traditional cv joint in, that type just slides straight into a splined socket usually on a differential. I believe that yours is a bolt on type.

Once the half shaft it off the machine, just pull back the boot you are replacing, or cut it off for that matter and the joint should slide right apart. Then slide the new boot over the shaft and put the joint back together and install the retaining straps on the boot. Make sure to re-grease the joint.

• 5 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By HSTAR
      Hey I have a 1997 big bear 350 4x4
      I replaced the shifter shaft and the shift arm linkage and the rod when I installed them all I was unaware that you had to line the dot on the shifter shaft with the gap on the linkage arm gap put it all back  together and rode it I can't get it to shift in the right gears  I can move the shift cam by hand and goes in different gears but with the shifter shaft in it riding I can't put it in R or N 
      Anyone know how to line up the shifter shaft and the shift cam s

• By Roofus
      I cant seem to find what this part is called. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I must be misinterpereting the parts catalog or something? I dont see it in the rear axle section. I think it may be in the rear brake assembly section? click link to view picture.

[removed broken image]
    • By McG75
      1996 4x4 Timberwolf rearend width. Can someone with some knowledge of these machines answer this question for me please. Are all 4x4 timberwolves this narrow in the rearend? These tires are so close the right one actually rubs the muffler.  Thinking about seeing if there are any spacers out there for it. I need at least an inch more clearance. 

• By rgeiser
      View File 2003 Polaris Ranger 400-500 service manual
      2003 Polaris Ranger 400-500 service manual
      Submitter rgeiser Submitted 04/18/2024 Category Polaris UTV  
    • By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????