Quantcast

Reserecting 1986 Suzuki LT230S

I decided to do a total rebuild of this quad. It needed all new bearings and I figured I would give it some paint and rebuild the engine. Well at least new bearings and top end but not for sure yet because I have not tore the motor down yet. Got the frame and a few small partst primed so far. I'll post some pics later today.

an't get pics to post in here sorry

When using the "Hotlink for Forums", just copy and paste the code into your post, looks like you may have used the insertimage.gif button and entered the code into the popup box. When using the insertimage.gif button, you need the exact url of the image which you can get from right clicking on any image and going to properties...then copy the url to put into the box.

I corrected your images in this thread.:wink:

That should work better that the Krylon fusion I used to paint one of my quads. That stuff started rubbing and chipping off after the first ride. There is some kind of rubberized paint that one of the members used on thiers, I can't remember what it was called or what forum it was mentioned in, but it sounded like good stuff.

I am hopeing that my paint won't chip but if it does I will just blast it all off and use some colored bed liner on it. Will be very durable then! At least I think it would work.

Update on quad- Pulled case apart today and found out that not only is my connecting rod bad but so is the crankshaft itself had a couple teeth broke off of the timing cog. Just ordered one on ebay that looked good for 130.00. Now I have to get started on repairing my left center case and do some tapping on some threads.