Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

:confused:

1. Hello Riders--Thinking of getting a new winch for my ATV and thinking which would be the best winch line to get. Any ideas??? Thanks Chuck

:confused:

1. Hello Riders--Thinking of getting a new winch for my ATV and thinking which would be the best winch line to get. Any ideas??? Thanks Chuck

Did you ever get anything?

Yes- I bought a 3000lb power pro-And I love it. Install was right on. The thing that took the most time was running the wires as everbody has a different way of doing that. My wires are all out of site.Gives my old Ride a new life and my friends feel safter with my 6oo around. This is as good as a warn and a lot cheaper in price only. Chuck

Thanks for asking this. I was wondering the same thing!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By chuckufarlie
      I tried to turn my Warn Vantage 2000 into neutral to spool out the line and the clutch is very stiff... I got it.
      When trying to engage it again, it was also very stiff and I ended up breaking off the thumb tab -- so I guess I will need to buy a new gear end housing for that.
      Anyway, is there some maintenance that is needed to keep the clutch turning smoothly or some trick I am missing?
    • By Brer Wilson
      Great value for less than $50.00

• By BuckBilly
      I'm really considering this utv. Before any negative comments about this machine remember I did everything I wanted with a 250 Ozark. My 09 rubicon was over kill. I'll use it for snow plowing bulldozing logging and cruising. So I can spend 8,500 on a ruby or the 500 pioneer.  
    • By Airborne
      Hey guys , i think i made mistake when purchased my machine when i thought id be fine with a manual lift moose plow set up .
      plow is great , takes a beating , very satisfied however the manual lift for it just kicks my ass after 4 hours or so. Lol 
      so im looking at changing over to a winch , no biggie im definitely going to do it , 
      where my question is , when looking at winches i came to the divide in the trail ...nylon rope ,or old style cable ?  I will be,only using this for plowing that is all , i use choke cables and tug straps for other work ...... somwhat do you think guys , its not a price issue , im looking for longterm dependability.... i questioned the rope getting wet while plowing , maybe no biggie not sure. ..
      thanks guys.  Airborne 
    • By quadmaniac
      First poster in this forum! 😁 I don't know much about Hisun ATVs, so I went to their web page to check them out. Looks like  good line up from 110 CC to 1000 CC.
      ABOUT US
      Hisun Motor Corporation might not be the most familiar name in Powersports, but there’s a good chance you’ve already enjoyed one of our many UTV’s or ATV’s. For years, Hisun Motors has provided products for some of the biggest names in UTV and ATV markets. In fact, Hisun Motors Corp USA consistently ranks among the largest providers of UTV’s in the United States and Canada year after year.
      Hisun Motors Corp USA is far more than an importer; more than a name behind a faceless manufacturer. We are the wholly owned subsidiary of a manufacturer with the power of a 7,100,000 square foot factory backing every product. Our sophisticated production facility builds products designed by a team of US based experts and built from the ground up with direct feedback from you the customer.
      Final assembly of Hisun products is completed right here in the USA by a team of expert craftsmen skilled at making sure your ride is perfect. Our massive Dallas, Texas facility houses, parts, customer service, and multiple assembly areas. In fact, call us today, we’d love to talk to you about our products and how we support some of best machines traveling the trails and back roads of the USA.

AXIS 110
      STARTING AT: $2,099
      FORGE 110
      STARTING AT: $2,199
      FORGE 250
      STARTING AT: $4,399
      FORGE 400
      STARTING AT: $4,999
      TACTIC 450 2-UP
      STARTING AT: $5,999
      TACTIC 550 2-UP
      STARTING AT: $6,699
      TACTIC 750 2-UP
      STARTING AT: $7,599
      FORGE 500/700
      STARTING AT: $5,999 / $6,999 ENGINE OPTIONS: 500/700
      TACTIC 800
      STARTING AT: $8,499
      TACTIC 1000
      STARTING AT: $9,999
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Racer944
      Hi Folks;
      Has anybody on here installed a winch on a 2003 Magnum 2x4? I am using a Cycle Country adapter plate (only one I could find), but am having a bit of trouble getting it all to fit properly, and am looking for someone that may have done this install and/or may have some pics of the installation.
      Thanks!
      Eric
    • By toonces
      My mother has just developed a fairly serious case of sciatica, which is a condition where you have some serious leg pain as the result of a pinched sciatic nerve. One of the exercises she does in physical therapy is simply the therapist holding onto her foot and pulling away from her hips as she lays on her back on a table. To replicate this exercise at home they have recommended an inversion table (where you turn upside down and hang from your feet), but since she's not too keen on this idea I'm trying to figure out how to replicate this exercise...which is where the idea of a remotely operated winch comes in.
      I don't really have a wide range of knowledge when it comes to what equipment is out there that can help me accomplish this goal, but I'm not too shabby at designing things and since I just installed a superwinch on my grizz this is the first idea I've come up with.
      Basically I'm imagining using some kind of winch whose rope would be worked through a pulley system that would end attached to a shoe which Mom would put on, lie down and use the remote switch to gently stretch the leg.
      - Winch (if an ATV winch) would be powered by a 12v car battery hooked up to a trickle charger
      - Safety mechanisms would include...
      - a light switch dimmer inline between the 12v battery and the winch so speed can be adjusted.
      - possibly using one of those stretchy rubber exercise resistance bands in the line segment to regulate and ease the pulling
      - a remote power cut off switch paired with the remote 'in/out' switch
      Honestly I could just go ahead and make this system myself, and I'm fairly sure it would work, but I thought I'd bounce this idea off a mechanically minded community to see if there are any ideas how I could improve on the design.
      Since I'm only familiar with ATV winches at this point that's what I've imagined using. But if anyone is aware of a 110v based winch that would be more appropriate, that would surely help in simplifying powering the system since it'll be located indoors. Only requirement for the winch would be that it would need both an in and out function operated by a remote switch. And since the winch would only need to pull between 10-20 lbs it wouldn't need to be nearly as beefy as the ATV type.
      Sorry for the long write up here but I'm certainly glad for your time and open to your opinions and suggestions.
    • By toonces
      Putting in a SW Terra 35 and I've decided the crimp I'm looking at here isn't something I can reproduce so I need to figure out who to take this wire to get the end put back on after I get it shortened to where I need it. Never having delt with wires this big I have no idea who I could go to just locally to get this done. What kind of (electrical?) business would deal with stuff like this?