Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

inkram

05 raptor performance??????

My brother in law is thinking about getting a raptor 350. I ride a Banshee so I don't know anything about raptors. how is the performance on the 350?

Will it keep up with a Banshee and some 450's???

let me know, thanks............

I think a lot depends on what type of riding you do. If you are talking mostly trail riding and you're brother in law is average size and weight and same skill level then he should be able to keep up fairly well. I have a 660 and had a warrior which is what the raptor 350 used to be. I thought it handled well on the trails and was a very dependable atv. However, if your talking track or open fast paced riding the 450's and banshee should run off and leave the 350 raptor.

A Raptor 350 is a good, reliable, starter quad, but it really lacks in the performance department. It will not even come close to keeping up with an experienced rider on a Banshee or any 450 unless you are riding in trails so tight that you can't get out of 1st gear. I am guessing that he is looking at the Raptor 350 because they are relatively cheap, I think a 400EX or LTZ 400 would be a better buy IMHO.

my brother has a raptor 660 he just got done doing some mods to the engine and i have toyed around on it alot me personaly i think they are awsome i sold my 3 wheeler so that i can buy myself a raptor the 660 he has is fast and i am kinda in the same boat... i cant quite afford a 660 but been lookin at the 350 we do alot of riding in feilds and are planning on going to the dunes when i get mine but i want something that will keep close not to fare behind i just not sure what to get

A Honda 400EX would be a much better machine for the rider on a budget who still wants some decent performance.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By StolenATV
      Blue and White Raptor 90
      White, Black and Yellow Raptor 90
      Blue and White WR450F Motorcycle
      VIN’s for ATVs
      RF3AB11Y2HT006593
      RF3AB11Y5HT006815
      Stolen from the yard at my home at night on 10/26/19.
      $2,000 reward for information leading to their return.
      The post Two (2) Stolen Yamaha Raptor 90 ATVs and a Yamaha WR450F Motorcycle appeared first on STOLEN 911.
      View the full article
    • By ATVNetwork
      utvs Kawasaki finally has a dog in the fight.
      After years of anticipation, the Kawasaki Teryx KRX 1000 sport side-by-side has finally arrived following five years of research and development. View the full article
    • By StolenATV
      Attention! Stolen! From a deployed soldier on independence day! 2014 Honda Foreman 500 and 2003 Yamaha 660 Raptor. Please spread the word in helping find them. A report was filed with Franklin County as well.
      The post 2003 Yamaha 660 Raptor and 2014 Honda Foreman 500 appeared first on STOLEN 911.
      View the full article
    • By Venom
      Hi, All

I started this project a while ago.. I have decided to make one thread I can continuously update..

So , here we go. I got this Raptor 80 in really bad condition.. Rear end frozen, Engine toast, tires dry rotted, tons of rust..etc.. They admitted they beat on it very hard.

Since they do not make these with a drive shaft anymore I decided to restore it from top to bottom..

These are photos of when I got it home.

Next up, the tear down..

First, I needed to tear it down and determine if the rear end was still good... As we all know... That is where it would be cost prohibitive to restore if it is trashed..

Got it completely stripped down and I lucked out... The rear Drum brake was caked solid inside with dried mud. That was causing the rear end to lock up. Took off the rear brakes and the rear end spun perfectly smooth.

Once I got it all stripped apart I needed to take the finish off all the parts. I am going to be powder coating the frame and many parts.. Once the finish is off each part it will need to be sandblasted to white metal .. The guy I use for powder coating gives me a hefty discount if I bring the parts to him ready to go.

You could just sand blast, but that would take a long time to get the finish off. First I used Aircraft Paint Remover.. That stuff is pretty toxic Goggles and Resperator are required. That quickly gets you down to the metal... Then you can sand blast to white metal pretty quickly...

I had another thread I had started about a problem with the tear down... It has some great info .... here is the link... It is about removing the frame bushings. ....

https://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/topic/14209-raptor-80-frame-bushings/?tab=comments#comment-104702
    • By Ron Boyd
      I was wondering if the complete headlight assembly from a 06 yfz450 would fit my 05 raptor 660r looking for a quick responses I found a set new for 25 bucks and either way dont want to pass up but was qurious.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      If we had a dollar for every time the question “Which is really faster, the 700 or the 450?” shows up in our inbox, mailbox, or voicemail, we’d be putting this magazine together from a bungalow on a barely inhabited tropical isle named Quadhama.
      http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1603755,00.html
    • By dglover1226
      I have a 01 raptor and recently had to bore it out to a 686 because it sucked in a bunch of sand. Now I have no torque or power in the first third of the throttle. I am hoping that someone else knows what is going on with it
    • By MuddyHound
      Hi! I own a 2013 Yamaha Raptor 125. Got it last week and im planning to upgrade some parts. Hope you guys can help and give me some tips. thanks!
    • By brandon07
      Hey guys an girls I need a little help. I bought a new carb for the wife's 350 and it runs good.
      It just doesn't seam to have the same power it did before I changed the carb.
      I bought a GYTR jet kit pt#gyt5yt980000 it's just main an air jets. The bike is stock and I dont know which jets to start with. The kit has 2 air jets an 10 main jets. Does anybody know where
      To start. The kit did not come with a needle jet. I bought it off ebay and it was unopened
      When I got it. Any help would be appreciated ALOT.
    • By extreme
      Here is a new Raptor 660 starter clutch install video

By L&L Extreme