nitro4you

polaris Engine issues!!

5 posts in this topic

Ok I just installed a new motor (My old one blew up piston skirt shattered) I installed everything correctlt..I think! I got it running tonight with no issues it started right up with no issues. I let it idle for about 5 minutes just to let it heat up check fluids etc. I shut it off a few times and it started back up with no issues. So im standing there and all of a sudden it goes wide open so I shut the key off....it still ran, turned of the on\off switch...still wide open running!!!! So i figure let me yank the plug wire...I did and made sure there was no arc and it was far away to not spark.....still wide open running!!!!! so in a last effort I unscrewed the top of the carb that houses the throtle assy and ripped it out and it finally shut off......WHAT THE $%$%$#% happened!!! has anyone ever heard of this ??? there are no kinks in the wires the throttle works fine as far as the cables go but im afraid to try and start it again without someone giving me asvice on this or if they ever heard of this! HELP!!! Ive been working on this thing for over 2 mos!! I just want to get it running correctly!

Dave

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

You disconnected the plug wire while it was running? No spark and it still ran wide open? Maybe it was igniting on compression at that point similar to what deasels do...but it would really have to be high compression...weird. You have a possessed motor....:confused: Where are you at now with it? Carb off? You gonna try it again?

Are you sure you didnt Blow a head Gasket or have a Leaking Intake???? It will Rev to the Moon sometimes when either of these are an issue....

I was thinking air leak also.get the old can carb cleaner out start it and spray around intake and head if it doesnt stop by then spray it into the carb and that should shut her off if still reving to moon.they rev up hi when you forget to turn gas on and its starving for fuel too. but im the only one that forgets to turn fuel on haha.

Dont you just Hate One Post Wonders????

I want to know what Happened!!!! Or just send the Check for my Consultation Fee...LOL