Quantcast

HELP .. i want to snorkle my 2001 polaris explorer 400

joedirt

make sure you bring all the vent lines for the differentials, carb, gas tank, (i think on the 01 polaris they had vent ports for the transmission) up to the top with the snorkels...and the air box is water tight and the exhaust and intake ports for the clutch is good to go...as for plumbing it all look at pictures on google for ideas..or rig your own setup its not that hard just time consuming

As for Parts

-pvc pipes with a diameter no bigger then 2 inches.(reason being is that the carb will have to be rejetted, io recommend 1.5 others recommend 2 inch diameter).that includes angled pipes to (90, 45)

-u can use solid plastic pvc looks neat, or you can use flex hose it does the job but its messy looking

-pvc cleaner and pvc glue

-hose clamps

-heat rap..thats for the pvc pipe when you run it along parts of the atv that produce high heat such as the engine and radiator

Edited by outlander560

thanks !! do i have to do anything to the muffler?? ive had a few people tell me that snorkling a quad screws up the carb jets?? do you know about that ?? and i guess i should go around to all electrical connections and do something to them ?? thanks again

ahh yes...i have heard that to...i have heard if you keep the plumbing down to a 1.5 inch diameter you will not have to rejet your carb...

your muffler will be ok..i would recommend welding a pipe to it..but a lot of ppl i see dont do that, as long as the snorkel is set up and works right your engine will keep running and just push the water away from the exhaust.

and for the electircal use di-electric grease for EVERY wire thats connected, fused whatever

Very possible you will have to rejet. You are altering your air intake.

thanks , do you know how i would find out if i have to rejet?? now i was also thinking of snorkling my quad in a way that i have like quik connect connections,, so that if im just running around as normal i dont need the snorkle but if i go to get deep in mud/water that i can connect them and go through whatever is ahead of me ?? sound possible ???

well when you have to rejet you can tell by the color of your spark plug whether your running to rich of fuel or your running lean...

as for your idea of quick disconnect snorkels...it can be done.. you will have to be creative, i saw on the Highlifter forums a guy used flex hose on his 07 arctic cat and ran the pipes all the way up to his center instrument panel and hid it underneath the panel..it was a "Hidden Snorkel" and as long as he didnt go up past his handle bars he was good to go. you can do something like that

OR..

You can literally detach the 3 upper pipes for ur snorkel and have the fitting (where the visible tubes connect to the pipes underneath the plastic) sit right below the plasic fender, and you can rig up some kind of vent of some sort so air still gets to the snorkel but you can still drive without the extended pipes

well when you have to rejet you can tell by the color of your spark plug whether your running to rich of fuel or your running lean...

as for your idea of quick disconnect snorkels...it can be done.. you will have to be creative, i saw on the Highlifter forums a guy used flex hose on his 07 arctic cat and ran the pipes all the way up to his center instrument panel and hid it underneath the panel..it was a "Hidden Snorkel" and as long as he didnt go up past his handle bars he was good to go. you can do something like that

OR..

You can literally detach the 3 upper pipes for ur snorkel and have the fitting (where the visible tubes connect to the pipes underneath the plastic) sit right below the plasic fender, and you can rig up some kind of vent of some sort so air still gets to the snorkel but you can still drive without the extended pipes

thanks for the info !!! the other thing is my quad is a 2 stroker any difference ?? right now my quad runs rich cause i rebuilt the motor last year , and i have the oil pump setting high just cause i wanted to make sure it was getting enough oil......

i really like the idea of haveing it quik connect , i will have to get creative on this one !!! many thanks guys !!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By rgeiser
      View File 2003 Polaris Ranger 400-500 service manual
      2003 Polaris Ranger 400-500 service manual
      Submitter rgeiser Submitted 04/18/2024 Category Polaris UTV  
    • By ResQ91
      Hi Guys!

New member and could really use your advice. I would have to believe this has been an issue for others but a search here came up with nothing......? (Probably me not doing search correctly)

I have an 87 Big Bear 350 YFM350FWT
      The OEM Mikuni BTM carb is shot and would rather replace than rebuild.
      It is no longer made and I have had good luck with NICHE carbs so I ordered a #K-CRB-0006 This was what they said was replacement when ordered. This Carb only uses 1 Throttle cable. The Slide is linked so it uses one. (OEM had 2nd cable coming through top to move slide)

Problem is when I ordered a replacement Cable from NICHE (#C-CBL-0061) the Cable wire is a little short, not allowing Throttle to return all the way down to Idle position. I called NICHE and they are at a loss. Haven't gotten back to me after 2+ weeks.

What would you recommend other than a carb rebuild?
      Can I just use 1 of the OEM cables (It is the right length) and snip/disconnect the other that went to top of Carb for Slide?
      Or ??

Thanks in advance for any advice you have!!

Dave
    • By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By kiriyaaoi
      Hello everyone, I just picked up an 02 LT-F250F the other day and have been in the process of tearing it down to fix some stuff- one of which was the cylinder base gasket leaking like a sieve. Well, I know why that is now, and I also discovered that someone had been in there before. I didn't take pictures, but it looks like it was probably run low on oil at some point, the cam journals and the "bearings" (for lack of a better term) in the head and the valve cover are totally wiped out, very deep grooves.  From what I know it's very difficult to repair aluminum in this way, so I'm trying to figure out where to go next.

1. Have someone grind down the head and valve cover and fit actual bearings in since the aluminum is screwed, and have the cam ground down to match.  I have no idea what this would cost.
      2. Buy a replacement head+cam+valve cover.

#1 I was hoping someone might have some advice on, but #2 seems like it'll (probably) be the more cost effective option.  However I'm running into some difficulty, it seems like the 2001 and 2002 models specifically use a different head part number,  11100-19B10, instead of  11100-19B01 like for all earlier models.  What exactly is the difference between them? There are obviously far more of the earlier heads because it ran for over 10 years.  Are they actually interchangeable? I've also noticed there are heads from the LT250EF that has 4 valve heads but also otherwise look identical.  Would those work as well possibly?  I'd like to not have to drop $500 on machine work or new heads on a $1300 quad that I'm already putting a bunch of new parts on.  Oh, and it has a new piston and the cylinder itself looks pretty good too, as I said someone was in here before me.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'll post pics of the carnage tomorrow.

• By Charlesbrown
      I’m looking for a top end kit for a Yamaha. I would like to see how well the engine runs before spending $6-$7 hundred on oem. Niche has complete kits from $1-$2 hundred.  Anyone have experience with Niche or similar Chinese companies?