Quantcast

HELP .. i want to snorkle my 2001 polaris explorer 400

joedirt

make sure you bring all the vent lines for the differentials, carb, gas tank, (i think on the 01 polaris they had vent ports for the transmission) up to the top with the snorkels...and the air box is water tight and the exhaust and intake ports for the clutch is good to go...as for plumbing it all look at pictures on google for ideas..or rig your own setup its not that hard just time consuming

As for Parts

-pvc pipes with a diameter no bigger then 2 inches.(reason being is that the carb will have to be rejetted, io recommend 1.5 others recommend 2 inch diameter).that includes angled pipes to (90, 45)

-u can use solid plastic pvc looks neat, or you can use flex hose it does the job but its messy looking

-pvc cleaner and pvc glue

-hose clamps

-heat rap..thats for the pvc pipe when you run it along parts of the atv that produce high heat such as the engine and radiator

Edited by outlander560

thanks !! do i have to do anything to the muffler?? ive had a few people tell me that snorkling a quad screws up the carb jets?? do you know about that ?? and i guess i should go around to all electrical connections and do something to them ?? thanks again

ahh yes...i have heard that to...i have heard if you keep the plumbing down to a 1.5 inch diameter you will not have to rejet your carb...

your muffler will be ok..i would recommend welding a pipe to it..but a lot of ppl i see dont do that, as long as the snorkel is set up and works right your engine will keep running and just push the water away from the exhaust.

and for the electircal use di-electric grease for EVERY wire thats connected, fused whatever

Very possible you will have to rejet. You are altering your air intake.

thanks , do you know how i would find out if i have to rejet?? now i was also thinking of snorkling my quad in a way that i have like quik connect connections,, so that if im just running around as normal i dont need the snorkle but if i go to get deep in mud/water that i can connect them and go through whatever is ahead of me ?? sound possible ???

well when you have to rejet you can tell by the color of your spark plug whether your running to rich of fuel or your running lean...

as for your idea of quick disconnect snorkels...it can be done.. you will have to be creative, i saw on the Highlifter forums a guy used flex hose on his 07 arctic cat and ran the pipes all the way up to his center instrument panel and hid it underneath the panel..it was a "Hidden Snorkel" and as long as he didnt go up past his handle bars he was good to go. you can do something like that

OR..

You can literally detach the 3 upper pipes for ur snorkel and have the fitting (where the visible tubes connect to the pipes underneath the plastic) sit right below the plasic fender, and you can rig up some kind of vent of some sort so air still gets to the snorkel but you can still drive without the extended pipes

well when you have to rejet you can tell by the color of your spark plug whether your running to rich of fuel or your running lean...

as for your idea of quick disconnect snorkels...it can be done.. you will have to be creative, i saw on the Highlifter forums a guy used flex hose on his 07 arctic cat and ran the pipes all the way up to his center instrument panel and hid it underneath the panel..it was a "Hidden Snorkel" and as long as he didnt go up past his handle bars he was good to go. you can do something like that

OR..

You can literally detach the 3 upper pipes for ur snorkel and have the fitting (where the visible tubes connect to the pipes underneath the plastic) sit right below the plasic fender, and you can rig up some kind of vent of some sort so air still gets to the snorkel but you can still drive without the extended pipes

thanks for the info !!! the other thing is my quad is a 2 stroker any difference ?? right now my quad runs rich cause i rebuilt the motor last year , and i have the oil pump setting high just cause i wanted to make sure it was getting enough oil......

i really like the idea of haveing it quik connect , i will have to get creative on this one !!! many thanks guys !!!!