Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

2000 Artic Cat 400 CDI problems

I have to many to post I am finding problems left and right on it but i was curious if anyone knew what are some CDI symptoms are?

Also when I start it up it takes about 20 mins before i can even get it moving it stops moving when ever the fan comes on also got any ideas

It also makes a loud pop noise and and a flame comes out of the exhaust.

The previous owner put all the wires for almost everything together and taped it up so i am trying to test everything to c why its acting up.

Regulator/rectifier might be bad, sending too much voltage to the ignition.

I merged your two threads together, they are still basically the same subject, in the future, just go ahead and add to your first thread unless it is a completely different issue.

Edited by DirtDemon

The problem may also just be your CDI by itself, obvoiusly that needs to be replaced, so I would start with that, if you keep having problems after replacing the CDI, then I would look to the other things, like the regulator/rectifier. Babbits online parts has some good prices on OEM parts.

Since you mentioned the previous owner did his own wiring there is a possibility something wasn't done right or something shorted. I would test first to make sure your regulator didn't crap out and cause an over voltage condition. That could be why the CDI fried.

In this forum, I posted a link for Arctic Cat service manuals. Now there isn't one for the 2000 model, the earliest year I see for the 400 is 2003. However, the 4th file down from the list is ALL the schematics for ALL Arctic Cat ATV's & Sleds from the year 2000-2009. It is a large file (about 438 megs) but it has the schematics you need.

Here is the link...

K&T Parts House Lawn Mower Parts and Chain Saw & Trimmer Parts

Mike

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By quadcrazy
      Out on the trail, visibility is everything. When you’re riding, you need to be able to see every potential obstacle well in advance, and sometimes, that includes things behind or beside your vehicle. On your own private property, sideview and rearview mirrors are a clear value-add, helping you avoid some of the entirely preventable accidents that can pop up when you’re driving in Reverse. On public trails, those mirrors are an absolute necessity, drastically helping mitigate the risk of vehicle-to-vehicle collisions and prevent bodily injuries.

That’s why Kemimoto, a market leader in the design and manufacture of ATV and UTV accessories, has devoted so much focus to UTV mirrors over the past decade, in addition to accessories like saddlebags, seat bags, whip lights, and more. When the company was founded back in 2011, there weren’t any readily available, affordable off-road mirrors for Side-by-Sides on the market that were much good for anything other than showing riders the rears of their own vehicles. So, the company’s founders took up the challenge, setting out to create their own side mirrors to provide fellow ORV enthusiasts with a better view of their blind spots.

Mirrors have been Kemimoto’s hottest-selling products ever since.

Today, Kemimoto has a staggeringly impressive collection of sideview and rearview mirrors for UTVs, ATVs, and bikes on offer, with nearly a hundred unique mirror packages on sale through the official Kemimoto website. Kemimoto makes mirrors to suit any need and any budget. Many of them are best-sellers in their respective categories, and for very good reason: as a direct-to-consumer brand, products are marketed, sold, and delivered to customers directly by Kemimoto. That extra efficiency allows the company to price its ATV and UTV accessories more effectively, and sell high-quality mirrors and other products while keeping prices extremely affordable.
      Equally important, Kemimoto’s ORV mirrors are just plain good. Design, development, and engineering all take place in-house, and the company even holds a few patents for some of its innovations. They have their own laboratory for product testing, to ensure that every mirror that wears the Kemimoto name is tough enough to go the distance. The mirrors are designed for beginners and professionals alike, with ridiculously simple install procedures that typically require a hand tool or two and just a few minutes of your time to set up. They are made to suit the overall aesthetics and performance requirements of the vehicles they are designed for.

As an example, let’s take a look at a pair of Kemimoto’s lighted side mirrors designed for Sport Side-by-Sides. As the name implies, Kemimoto has built two levels of lighting into each of the side mirrors. You can fire up one or both of the lights in each mirror. And with an angle of illumination of 195 degrees, you can see exactly where you are going.
      Additionally, these mirrors boast shatterproof tempered glass, which helps protect the driver and passengers in case of an impact. They also feature a breakaway design, so they will fold up if you get a little too close to a tree or any other obstacle rather than snap right off. When it comes to construction, Kemimoto made the shell out of a high-quality ABS, while and the frame and bracket are built out of aluminum.
      Of course, Kemimoto is more than just mirrors. The brand also produces and sells its own saddlebags for motorcycles, seat bags for ATVs, backpacks, roll cage cargo organizers, and other storage accessories. They also manufacture high-quality whip lights and mounts, UTV cupholders, dome lights, windshields, vehicle covers, and even some riding gear. But high-quality, fairly priced ORV mirrors will always be the company’s specialty.

View full post
    • By BuckBilly
      I like to ride in wooded and grassy areas. It takes my mind off the everyday routines and helps me deal with my father's cancer. Also gives me a reason to get involved with forums like this one.
    • By GreenThumb914
      Hi HiSun Forum Group.
      I am a new member looking for some guidance on how to properly adjust the carburetor.  My general (and maybe flawed) understanding is that there is supposed to be both a Fuel side and an Air side adjustment screw on most Quad & Side by Side carbs. My HiSun 700 seems to have finger-spin idle adjusting screw  (easily accessible on the driver's side of the carb) and a Carburetor Pilot Screw (not easily accessible, directly underneath the carb but above the engine head).  My instinct tells me that the Pilot screw is for adjusting the Fuel as it is on the Fuel side of the Carb.  I don't see any adjusting screws on the Air side of the carb.  I've adjusted the pilot screw several times but never successfully eliminating the back-fire upon deceleration issue.  Any intel on my apparently missing Air adjusting screw and or back-fire issue is greatly appreciated.
      Additional notes: My spark plug and fuel filter is new and I only use non-ethanol fuel. Manufacturer of the motor is Chongqing Huansong Industries Group Co., Ltd. Engine Family: 8TMTX.700A10
    • By 83klt200
      1983 klt 200 if I turn the key to the on position it starts sparking and you can hear it. This is without the engine being turned over or running. Any help?
    • Dream Car Giveaway
    • By BFloyd
      Hello all, my first post, be gentle.  My son just purchased a 1985 LT 250 EF and we can’t seem to get fuel to carburetor?  The fuel lines are good, we vacuumed some fuel from the main and reserve lines, but still can’t get it to the bowl when starting.  Our compression isn’t the greatest (120), and we will be doing a leak down test when the test kit gets here.  In the meantime, I’m thinking fuel pump issues?  Is there a way to test the fuel pump? Or any other suggestions?  Thanks
      And no we don’t have the service manual for the LT 250 EF yet, it came with the “1985-1990 Suzuki LT230 & LT250 Service * Repair * Maintenance Manual” which is close but not correct.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• Gallery Images