Quantcast

SSRT Needs your votes for a grant to repair the Viaduct.

Details here..

SSRT Announcement Page

GRANT TO REPAIR VIADUCT BRIDGE

The Snow Shoe Rails to Trails & Headwaters RC&D need your help to acquire a Pepsi grant to repair the viaduct bridge. To acquire the requested $50,000, we need you to vote everyday starting July 1, 2010. You can vote everyday for the entire month of July. Please help us get the much needed money to make these safety repairs. Thank you, SSRTA Executive Officers & Board of Directors.

PLEASE VOTE BEGINNING JULY 1ST!!!!!

Headwaters RC&D applied for a $50,000 grant for Snow Shoe Viaduct Safety Repairs online through the Pepsi Refresh site. Beginning July 1st, this may be accessed at Pepsi Refresh Project We encourage you to vote for this project every day throughout the month of July.

Following are the details:

· Go to Pepsi Refresh Project

· Register by creating a username and a password – This just takes a few minutes

· Click on the “Vote For This Idea” – It will be added to your “Ideas You Support” list

· After you vote for other projects (up to 10 votes/day total), they will all be listed under your “Ideas You Support” list

· After you access the “viaduct-safety-repair” site for the first time, you can either access the Pepsi site directly or through the project website above

· To access the Pepsi site directly go to Pepsi Refresh Project

· You will be able to sign in and vote for 10 projects each day

· The “Ideas You Support” list can be found on the home page

· To find our project, click on the “Vote For” drop down box to “Ideas You Support” and click on $50,000

· Please network with the other projects you vote for to trade votes

Please share with family and friends.

For anyone using Facebook, this is a great opportunity to link the web address to your page and get your friends to vote.

To SSRTA: Please include this in your newsletter, share with your membership, post on your website, and share with other ATV groups to post on their websites.

The success of this project depends on your daily votes and networking.

START VOTING JULY 1ST / SPREAD THE WORD / VOTE EVERY DAY!!!

For more complete details of this project, please check out the website. For a brief overview now, please read the paragraph below.

The “Improve ATV rider’s safety by repairing a HISTORIC 770’ long bridge!!” project is to keep ATV riders safe while crossing the bridge and for other users of the multi-use rail-trail to enjoy the beautiful breathtaking view of the countryside in northcentral PA. This project will provide a hand railing on the east side with chain link fence where none currently exists. The decking on the 100’+ tall bridge consists of railroad ties with some replacement needed. The ATV’s cross on a narrow band of expanded metal with a moderately safe handrail on the west side. This project will also preserve a critical trail link between Clearfield and Centre Counties. The Snow Shoe Rail Trail is one of the few trails that provide motorized opportunities in the region. The loss of this link would severely impact the usability of the trail and result in recreational and economic losses.

Thank you for your support! Terry

Terry L. Marsh

Program Assistant

Headwaters RC&D

814-375-1372 Extension 102

Fax: 814-375-2453

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By ResQ91
      Hi Guys!

New member and could really use your advice. I would have to believe this has been an issue for others but a search here came up with nothing......? (Probably me not doing search correctly)

I have an 87 Big Bear 350 YFM350FWT
      The OEM Mikuni BTM carb is shot and would rather replace than rebuild.
      It is no longer made and I have had good luck with NICHE carbs so I ordered a #K-CRB-0006 This was what they said was replacement when ordered. This Carb only uses 1 Throttle cable. The Slide is linked so it uses one. (OEM had 2nd cable coming through top to move slide)

Problem is when I ordered a replacement Cable from NICHE (#C-CBL-0061) the Cable wire is a little short, not allowing Throttle to return all the way down to Idle position. I called NICHE and they are at a loss. Haven't gotten back to me after 2+ weeks.

What would you recommend other than a carb rebuild?
      Can I just use 1 of the OEM cables (It is the right length) and snip/disconnect the other that went to top of Carb for Slide?
      Or ??

Thanks in advance for any advice you have!!

Dave
    • By luckyyyyesther
      Hey all!
      I'm on a mission to buy my first UTV soundbar as a gift for my dad(a newbie on ATV). I'm aiming for something that offers great sound quality without breaking the bank – my budget is around $250. Right now, I'm considering options like ecoxgear, kemimoto, and boss.
      Does anyone have experience with these brands or specific models that you'd recommend? Any advice or suggestions would be super appreciated!

• By Admin
      Does anyone use GPS, whether on a device or app to record their ATV trail rides? I have been thinking about a section where our members can upload let's say a .gpx file and share their rides on a google map for others to see where there are riding areas. Not sure if this is something of interest or how much it would be used, so just trying to get an idea.
      Importing routes from files like xml, lmx, tour, freshroute, gpx, kmz, kml
    • By opnea
      Recently picked up a 1991 Lt230e for repair. Compression is a little low Id say, around 80psi, I also have spark but the spark is odd . When cranking the spark is a constant arc. I’ve got it to sputter but never fully turn on. I believe the spark is my issue, being constant and not detonating at the right time. I’m not sure whether this issue is an electrical fault like some missing ground, a faulty cdi, or a timing issue. Any ideas where I should start? 
    • By p5200
      I added more fresh gas it sat one day now, it's acting up again. Before cleaning out carburetor it wouldn't idle good and had gas leaks from carburetor. Now it idles pretty good but, if I increase throttle speed at a certain amount it starts missing bad. I'm going to try and post a short video. Just about ready to give up on this thing.😒  you can see reflection perking in video.

20240217_114429.mp4