Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

96 350 yamaha warrior no start

justme_1774

I have had help with this thing from users on here before. Clutch issues. I was riding the other day. About 15 minutes on a trail, not rough had my wife with me. Stopped at my brothers to wait for some people to get a pack to ride. Sat for an hour. Went to start the bike up and it just turned over. I have spark, compression, fuel but no start. We pulled it and it started up got half way home and it died and i can not get it to start again. I have used starting fluid and it has a good spark. I am lost!!! Any suggestions? Thanks Nick in Southern Illinois

Dream Car Giveaway
I checked every thing out and the pin is not sheared off. I was told the timing is out and I tried to reset it. I only turned the top fly wheel a half turn and was told that I needed to make a full turn on it.

I understand that the pin is not sheared off, but I have no idea what the rest of that means. I have no idea what you mean by, the top flywheel? There is only one flywheel. And what is supposed to be accomplished by turning it.

As far as the valves go, I can tell you that tight is bad, your problem could very well be that the intake valve isn't closing all the way. You need to get a repair manual or at least call a dealer tech and see if you can get the valve lash specs. They need to be set to the specified settings. If I were to take a wild stab at what they should be adjusted at, I would say .004 for the intake and .008 for the exhaust. I think that would be a safe place to start, but it would be best to get the exact specs to make sure.

Edited by DirtDemon

Sorry for the confusion. I was talking about the one gear on the valves. I opened the view hole where there is a t and f mark. I lined the t mark up with the grove in the threads and I set the valve gear with the line pointing to the v shaped mark and i almost got it to start but it still is not starting. You are right on with the valve specs. I am going to get a filler gauge so I can make sure the valves are set right.

I see, so you checked the valve timing, did you have to adjust it to get it to line up? Or did it just line up? If you had to move the timing chain to get the marks to line up, then the chain has jumped, meaning that either the chain is stretched and needs to be replaced or the tensioner is weak and needs to be replaced. Another thing to note is that there are timing keys on both the cam sprocket and the crankshaft/flywheel. Did you check both of those? If either one is sheared, then your vavle timing will be off.