Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

need info on 2001 250 big bear!!!!!!

bkrdoug

Dream Car Giveaway

We do have a Yamaha tech here, he may chime in with some info, but I also think you would be best off checking ebay or another source for a service manual. I believe they are a must for anyone who is going to be working on their own macnines. You may even be able to find an owners manual on ebay, it will have simple service info like what types of oil to use and where to put it.

OK---i serviced the unit today--got along OK except for one bit of info---------i changed the oil and put in new filter----added 1 and 1/2 qt of oil-----do you measure by sticking it only OR do you stick and then screw the stick in to measure???? I get just above add mark by sticking only and get full when i stick and screw it in----------thx doug

• 2 weeks later...

Hondas= screw it down, Yammers=no. make sure to use ATVOIL, NOT car oil.

I always buy a service manual when I get a new rig- there's just too much to remember hahaha

A measuring cup called a Ratio-Rite or similar is a great investment, about 5 bucks. All bike stores will have them- at Harley they're right next to the drip pans...

Edited by Raptor8