Quantcast

2004 Polaris Sportsman 700 Larger Tire Size

Thats great news! I ordered 26" Sti mud trax to see how they work out, they seem to have very good reviews and are cheaper than the itp mudlites. 4k promark winch shipped out today so the machine should be ready soon, pics to come after all mounting done! Ajm thanks for adjusting the thread title, still no good at this forum thing....

Edited by Ghost420guy
Change in tire order

Got the machine out today for her maiden voyage at the atv park,runs like a champ but my coolant res goes empty very quickly while riding. No coolant found in my oil but is seeping from the weep hole, not sure if i need a new pump n gasket or if theres air in the system. Never popped a hot light at me either, very odd. Clymers manual is ordered, hopefully fixed soon.....

I haven't changed it before, i'v only had the machine for 2 weeks n had to keep filling the reservoir when i had it out. It jus seems to disappear, that's wen i noticed it coming out of the weep hole on the case. Eveything else seems to be in good order but the coolant issue so i'm hoping a new pump, cover, impeller and seal will fix my issue with new coolant. Since i have to tear it down anyways...

the water pump on a polaris 700 is a normal trait for leaking. they make an updated water pump and gasket. and it takes all of an hour to change it and the coolant.

Also the clymer manuals are a complete waste of time. if you go to the polaris dealership parts counter they will download the actual manual for free. or they will give u the website. that is another perk of owning a polaris.

Edited by GEARHEAD01

Well i canceled the clymers, is the updated pump and gasket oem or aftermarket? Tires came in and gettin them mounted this weekend winch is on, lookin at a stage 1 kit for it but not sure if it will improve way i want it to yet or not....workin on it! Any ideas r welcome and thank you guys for the info, it is very appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, heres the update. I got the new oil seal in and the new water pump mechanical seal in as well as new gasket. Also added my 25" Executioners, high flo air filter and stage 1 power kit with power programmer for my efi. Maiden voyage this Sat at my buddys atv mud fest. No leaks at all and seems to run flawlessly, we'll see how she does under mud an water!