Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

1997 Polaris Xplorer keeps flooding

willie1116

i have a 97 explorer 300 4x4 that has been bored out to a 380 about a year ago well that id what the guy a bought it from told me. but my problem is that it will not start now it seems to just be flooding out everytime i start it. the guy i bought it from told me he just rebuilt the carb on it so this why i am confused. it cranks and cranks and will not start then i will let it sit for a while go back and it starts right up bu then it only run for about 10 min and just dies and will not start again. i know the petcock works and i shut that off everytime have not messed with the carb to much yet but i did take the bowl of and floats and jets look good. so i am stuck it gets spark and i put a new plug in as well and everytime i pull the plug it is wet. dont know what to do next please help

• 3 weeks later...

Its the needle and seat in the carb not shutting the gas off and putting gas in the bottom end of the motor. There is a 10 mm bolt on the bottom of the motor to drain the bottom end pull it out and see if gas comes out if it dose ..needle and seat. I have had to RE-rebuild several carbs my customers have worked on so rebuilt is not always rebuilt right. You need to buy a rebuild kit ebay is a good source for around 35.00.

Good luck, Todd Polarisatvrepair.com